• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Predictions?

Adamc

Cricketer Of The Year
Who do you think will be the best out of your opposition?
For me (I am West Indies) the toughest Test opposition will be Australia and England. Australia have Bradman, and generally good allround strength, England have an awesome top 6. Pakistan might do well with their pace quartet, especially in the ODI's.

DJellett

International Debutant
Australia, West Indies and the Pakistanis for mine.
If India can get some quicks in the trade, then they'll be up there too.

PS - Why does the server edit out P a k i s with *****'s?

Last edited:

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
yea i noticed that as well... i think it used to be (and may be still) a really racist thing to say.

Predictions: Aussie will win Tests. Our batting is absolutle unbeatable but our bowling... well i think its up there. could be newhere from 1st-5th. but i have some mad reserves so ill always have a winning combo. in onedayers... well ill b lucky to make the final, im aiming for 4th i reckon. it all depends...
if injuries take a part in the game ill b in trouble in odis... but i almost want to them to happen in tests so i can show off my reserves while every other team is struggling :p

west indies are looking good, and im a sucker for pakistan...

Adamc

Cricketer Of The Year
Australia would have to be strong favourites to take Tests now, I think most of the bowling lineups will struggle to get through Bradman and co. West Indies (:p), Pakistan, England and South Africa will be the major challengers I would think.
One Dayers will be harder to predict, probably will be much closer between all teams.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
DJellett said:
Australia, West Indies and the Pakistanis for mine.
If India can get some quicks in the trade, then they'll be up there too.

PS - Why does the server edit out P a k i s with *****'s?
Because it's an extremely offensive term.

Adamc

Cricketer Of The Year
lord_of_darkness said:
i think many of you are downplaying NZ here.. dont forget we tied for 1st place with Pakistan in the tests..
From a purely statistical point of view NZ is one of the weakest teams, but given their performance in the warmups they certainly won't be taken lightly.

roseboy64

Cricket Web Content Updater
South Africa's got a strong side with Lara and Pollock and Lillee and Walsh and Holding.Don't count us out.

Adamc

Cricketer Of The Year
roseboy64 said:
South Africa's got a strong side with Lara and Pollock and Lillee and Walsh and Holding.Don't count us out.
South Africa looked good until you traded off Kallis, Pollock and Donald... :blink:

lord_of_darkness

Cricket Web XI Moderator
From a purely statistical point of view NZ is one of the weakest teams, but given their performance in the warmups they certainly won't be taken lightly.
thats the way we are in real life too.

Wazim

School Boy/Girl Captain
i see every team as number one :D and ym self number 2, i treat no team differently, not even zimbabwe

plus about the pak racist thing, i am pak, but hard to understand y people find it offensive...in our language if u say "the racist term" it means clean one!