• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** West Indies tour of Australia, Jan–Feb 2024

Starfighter

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Tests are on:

January 17-31 at Adelaide, starting at 1030 AEDT
January 25-29 at Brisbane, starting 1500 AEDT

ODIs are on:

Melbourne 2 February
Sydney 4 February
Canberra 6 February
All start at 1430 AEDT

West Indies test squad:

1. Kraigg Brathwaite (Captain)
2. Alzarri Joseph (Vice-Captain)
3. Tagenarine Chanderpaul
4. Kirk McKenzie
5. Alick Athanaze
6. Kavem Hodge
7. Justin Greaves
8. Joshua DaSilva
9. Akeem Jordan
10. Gudakesh Motie
11. Kemar Roach
12. Kevin Sinclair
13. Tevin Imlach
14. Shamar Joseph
15. Zachary McCaskie

Last edited:

Starfighter

Two thoughts:

1: why the flip is the Adelaide test starting on Wednesday?

2: devastated I won't get to see Mayers bowl his wobblers.

Starfighter

Even by WI standards with player absences etc McCaskie is an insane selection. 27 years old, 11 FC matches, average of 30, no centuries, doesn't bowl.

Beamer

International Vice-Captain
Even by WI standards with player absences etc McCaskie is an insane selection. 27 years old, 11 FC matches, average of 30, no centuries, doesn't bowl.
Wait until you see Imlach and Greaves FC records......

Basically I hold out much more hope for a competitive ODI series than tests. I didn't think I'd be saying that when we couldn't qualify for the world cup, but that test squad is all kinds of bad.

I honestly wonder if Dessie is deliberately trolling Aussies and West Indians alike. We don't want to see that squad and it means the test series will be even more pointless if for Australia.

Starfighter

I momentarily forgot that Haynes was selector and 'Barbados' is his most important criterion.

When's his term end? Not soon enough, obviously.

Qlder

International Debutant
As if WI wasnt weak enough, they're coming without Holder, Mayers, Seales and Blackwood?

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Ireland, Zimbabwe, Afghanistan or Bangladesh would be more challenging opponents than this WI squad but we don't let any of them tour

I think this is their last chance and when they fail to make a spectacle we shouldn't ask them back

Qlder

International Debutant
I was feeling bad that I had only heard of five of the WI squad. Then I just read that 7 players are uncapped so makes sense.

That has to be a record of some sort, 7 uncapped players on tour, it means the 1st Test will have at least 3 debutants

Edit: I thought for sure Australia's 1978 tour to WI at start of WSC split would have lots of debutants, but nope only 2 (Higgs and Laughlin)

Last edited:

Beamer

International Vice-Captain
Australia would be in their rights to pick a very understrength team themselves tbh. It's one thing missing players due to IPL etc, but to pick this squad is laughable.

My sympathy for Cricket Australia is limited because they are one of the main drivers of the financial inequality in international cricket nowadays, but that's a conversation for another thread.

Ignoring that, there's no doubt this will be horrible. We just have to hope Athanaze lives up to his promise and that Kraigg and Tage dig in.

social

I understand that this is part of the FTP but can’t believe that anyone is actually looking forward to it

Games should be played in Central Queensland in winter against whichever eleven cricketers are available at the time