• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Official Rugby Thread

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Yeah, not very clever.

Mind you, I'm not 100% on the rules, but was that a clear try scoring chance?

Deliberate knock on is a penalty and (usually) a yellow every day, but I'm not totally sold on that being a clear cut opportunity which, as I understand, is necessary for a penalty try.

And I say that as obviously a Brumby well-wisher.

StephenZA

Hall of Fame Member
Yeah, not very clever.

Mind you, I'm not 100% on the rules, but was that a clear try scoring chance?

Deliberate knock on is a penalty and (usually) a yellow every day, but I'm not totally sold on that being a clear cut opportunity which, as I understand, is necessary for a penalty try.

And I say that as obviously a Brumby well-wisher.
They removes the player that caused the infringement at the time of the infringement. That only leaves a Brumbies player to collect and score.

Normally a deliberate foul in the in goal area is reason enough for a penalty try. Because it's normally done trying to prevent an opposition scoring.

ripper868

International Coach
Crusaders have been finding ways to win at the death for 25+ years, nice to see them do the opposite for the next 25 or so.

Heboric

International Debutant
Wow just watched the highlights of Canada vs New Zealand ladies what an upset especially because the game was played in NZ.
Very harsh decision against Canada to disallow the try. They had already kicked the conversion before they overruled the decision.

Any team with a player whose first name is Fancy should win automatically :)

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Have to give the struggling Crusaders credit where it's due - huge performance tonight.

Blues just can't seem to get it done at that stadium.

Fuller Pilch

Hall of Fame Member
Have to give the struggling Crusaders credit where it's due - huge performance tonight.

Blues just can't seem to get it done at that stadium.
Agree.

For once Reece wasn't really involved and they actually won.

Also NSW have now got the wooden spoon and the battle for the top 3 and 6,7,8 is looking interesting

Crusaders have still got a chance, but the Highlanders should beat the Drua in Dunedin and the Drua beat the Rebels in Suva which would leave the Crusaders out of the top 8.

Last edited: