• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official***Match #36 - Australia vs England - November 4th - Ahmedabad

Owzat

U19 Captain
Sorry if I'm not authorised to do ***official*** match threads, and not sure what Ahmedabad is in Bengaluru = Bangalore terms (but seems others have said eg "Lucknow", but would be good to build up to the big England bash :D

pretty sure if today's game is 34 then this being second game of 4th November will make it 36

Qlder

International Debutant
Discards Green and Stoinis to return and play blinders against the weakest team in WC. Aussies 5th win couldn't get any sweeter 😀

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Rooting for Eng here PURELY to keep things interesting going into the last week or so. You'd have three teams being tied on 8 points after seven games. Two spots to get, 4 teams in contention (three on eight and Pakistan with a shot as well)...each with two games left each. All sorts of combos/NRR etc come into play. That would be fun.

MW1304

Cricketer Of The Year
Love the qualification basically anyone not an England fan has to make when claiming they're rooting for England in a particular context. I mean, I get it, although we are playing Australia. That's good reason to support anyone.

Aidan11

International Vice-Captain
I hope Stokes doesn't play.

Don't risk making that knee any worse. Get the op and come back fitter next season.

SillyCowCorner1

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Sorry if I'm not authorised to do ***official*** match threads, and not sure what Ahmedabad is in Bengaluru = Bangalore terms (but seems others have said eg "Lucknow", but would be good to build up to the big England bash :D

pretty sure if today's game is 34 then this being second game of 4th November will make it 36
Yes you are authorized to do it…but at what cost

I am the guardian of this sub-forum.

Yes, this is match #36 because it’s the day/night fixture of Saturday’s two matches.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Love the qualification basically anyone not an England fan has to make when claiming they're rooting for England in a particular context. I mean, I get it, although we are playing Australia. That's good reason to support anyone.
Well, except perhaps England.

loterry1994

International Debutant
Think this will be closer than the from suggests. Not a fan of this Aus batting line up going forward. Marsh was a big reason Aus got back into form. The middle order and all rounders need to find form. Apart from Maxwell down the order the other guys like Smith, Marnus, Stoinis and Green haven’t been able to finish the innings well.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Yes that was a tricky decision.

I'm expecting a 300-350 run victory for us, so just hope we can get to the 5th bowler before we've skittled the filth

Gob

International Coach
Carey over one of Stoinis or Green is certainly an option. Stating the obvious but batting looks pretty thin. Smith and Marnus need to stand up

DriveClub

International Regular
Carey over one of Stoinis or Green is certainly an option. Stating the obvious but batting looks pretty thin. Smith and Marnus need to stand up
Will need Head to bowl a bit of offies to cover for maxie. Maxies offies will be a big miss here