• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Fifth Test (The Oval, London) 27-31 July

Nintendo

Cricketer Of The Year
The only form Green had with the bat was IPL so the hype around him as a bat was based mostly on that at the time. Remember another post where someone mentioned Stokes not doing much in IPL and Green dominating.
Sorry to necro an old post, but claiming that green>stokes was purely IPL form at the time is next level bull****. Green spent an entire WTC pre this Ashes averaging more than stokes with the bat and taking wickets at 29-30 while stokes was barely bowling.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Sorry to necro an old post, but claiming that green>stokes was purely IPL form at the time is next level bull****. Green spent an entire WTC pre this Ashes averaging more than stokes with the bat and taking wickets at 29-30 while stokes was barely bowling.
Stokes bowled 380 overs last WTC. Prior to The Ashes I would say it's only the NZ series he 'barely bowled' in and that wasn't part of the WTC anyway.

He missed a lot of cricket in 21 too so not really sure where the barely bowling came from. His stats from taking over the captaincy to going into The Ashes were 36 with the bat and 32 with the ball. I don't really see any relevant argument for picking Green over Stokes by the time The Ashes came around (or ever really, but that's another story)

Nintendo

Cricketer Of The Year
Stokes bowled 380 overs last WTC. Prior to The Ashes I would say it's only the NZ series he 'barely bowled' in and that wasn't part of the WTC anyway.

He missed a lot of cricket in 21 too so not really sure where the barely bowling came from. His stats from taking over the captaincy to going into The Ashes were 36 with the bat and 32 with the ball. I don't really see any relevant argument for picking Green over Stokes by the time The Ashes came around (or ever really, but that's another story)
Ill dig the stats up when I get home. Green was performing more consistently with the bat and bowling better during that WTC cycle from memory, and by the Ashes stokes was on one knee and barely bowling.