• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** English Football Season 2023/24

Socerer 01

International Captain
IIRC Arsenal and Real Madrid have only ever played against each other in a competitive fixture once.

(Arsenal emerging the winners on that occasion despite fielding a defence of Flamini, Eboue and Senderos lol).
that was a dubious Real Madrid side tbf, would take Arsenal’s xi over what the former fielded any day of the week

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Yeah Arsenal's midfield and attack were comfortably better than Real's tbf. Though Real did have Zidane, Beckham and R9 on the team sheet for both matches.

Tangles

International Vice-Captain
Fair haha my response was to the post above that said Glazers/United choose not to buy defensive mids. Whether they end up spending the money or not, quite clearly that position has been in their transfer plans.
Amrabat, Casemiro, Fred, Matic, Schneiderlin is not a list of high performers. Fred was always average but not cheap. Casemiro and Matic had 1 good season in them. They have spent some money but not like they have on guys like Pogba, Sancho etc.

Tangles

feels like they’ve been wanting to sign a long term defensive mid to do the dirty work ever since Fletcher got ulcerative colitis and failing
I don’t think the Glazers value the position at all as those players aren’t always the most flashy shirt sellers. I also think that ETH doesn’t value a proper defensive mid. His singular focus on FDJ suggests he just wants high level ball control vs someone like Rice.

Aidan11

The football season seems to end quite late these days. CL final is on1st June then there's hardly a pause for breath before the Euros get under way.