• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Me Batting in nets

pako007

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
Hi guys at the forum, i recorded myself in a net session. this was just before i was playing the match i had a net session to get into things. i open for my team im the leading run scorer atm. scored like 200 in 5 games or so. i would appreciate it if some1 could give me tips on improving my batting, i have never been coached or something i just watch a lot of cricket and try to learn from that. if i have some technical faults it could be possible. in this clip you can see my stance etc. and 1 shot. any help will be appreciated big time.

batting clip:
YouTube - Hamid Butt in the nets

pako007

LOL yeah i know we have a strong batting line up but also a petty decent bowling, but it didn`t show in this clip. any1 tips>?

pako007

Are there any guys, that can give me tips on improving my batting>?? on this forum ??

jimbles

Wish I could help mate, but my best shot are front and back foot defensive :D Thats all i can do lol :D

Golaxi

School Boy/Girl Captain

if you get that sort of wide rubbish during the match you'll have no problems. hey even i could bat against that and im rubbish.

is dutch cricket really that bad?

pako007

Dutch cricket is pretty okay, not comparable with county cricket or some. but these guys that were bowling werent regular bowlers and you can bowl 1 ****ty ball i think i faced 3 balls i repeated them all 3 and only 1 of them was wide. but i faced good players like zimbabwe`s Watambwa and some english county players when they were on tour i made 50 against the english team, a combined services team dunno if it sounds familiar to one of you. and made 30 odd against the team that Watambwa played in. i like good fast bowling more than slow ****ty bowling.

Amobokobokoboko

U19 12th Man
If you score with an average of 40 runs a game, I can only say that so far you're doing a great job. Myself ( first season) have an average of 8 runs ( as most of my shots are blockshots defending my wickets).

The big improvement I did for myself was excercicing my arms, so when the balls comes towards you, you can hit it hard.

A second tip I coudl give you, is asking your coach / senior teamplayers for advice and practice as much as possible.

Hope my tips work out for you.

Tom M

It's hard to tell from such little footage. But it seems like you get very little momentum into the shot. Due to your upright position when driving, your arms have to do the vast majority of the work. You may want to work on moving your whole body into the ball by bending your knees and moving your body towards the direction of the ball. This will help you transfer more power into the shot.

pako007

Thx for the advice guys, i uploaded an other vid of me playing it will maybe help you guys out more.
YouTube - Batting in nets

@ tom ur right i dont get to the ball really i should bend my knee.
anymore suggestions would help great.

Tom M

It depends how technical you want to go.

Excuse the plug but I did an article on using the hips in batting on my website, linked below.

Everything is free so please have a look. I write it for my friends and for my own enjoyment, not for money.

If you don't want to have a look, think about your back foot positioning and have a look at your balance. Sometimes your head causes you to overbalance.

Hope this helps, best of luck.