• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

James Anderson vs Kagiso Rabada

Who is the better test bowler?

• Rabada and it’s not close

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Johan

State 12th Man
You rate Bumrah ahead of Anderson? Wow:-O
Hey, Root scored 3 hundreds at 94 average in a pace friendly series in England against Bumrah and Shami, it might not advance the Anderson agenda but it advances the Root agenda

but yeah Bumrah > Anderson > Cummins > Rabada is where I'm at now, Cummins fell in my eyes in last 2 years

Bolo.

International Captain
Hey, Root scored 3 hundreds at 94 average in a pace friendly series in England against Bumrah and Shami, it might not advance the Anderson agenda but it advances the Root agenda

but yeah Bumrah > Anderson > Cummins > Rabada is where I'm at now, Cummins fell in my eyes in last 2 years
I reckon Anderson and Bumrah should be on opposite ends of that scale. Anderson is the worst bowler, with the best career, and Bumrah the reverse.

Johan

State 12th Man
I reckon Anderson and Bumrah should be on opposite ends of that scale. Anderson is the worst bowler, with the best career, and Bumrah the reverse.
I don't know

like by raw skill I can see it but Rabada and cummins have been very unimpressive outside their natural habitat tbh (aus/Sa) so I don't know if I think Rabada is better, I def think Cummins more skillful but kinda feel like he won't have a superior career

Johan

State 12th Man
Swinging/Seaming Pitches (Eng/NZ/WI) – Anderson

Asian wickets (UAE/Ind/SL) – Anderson

Flat wickets (Pakistan) – Cummins

Bouncy wickets (Australia/South Africa) – Cummins

Bumrah better than either

Bolo.

International Captain
I don't know

like by raw skill I can see it but Rabada and cummins have been very unimpressive outside their natural habitat tbh (aus/Sa) so I don't know if I think Rabada is better, I def think Cummins more skillful but kinda feel like he won't have a superior career
Career to date:
Anderson>Cummins>Rabada>Bumrah

Quality:
Bumrah>Cummins>Rabada>Anderson (swap the last 2 if you want).

Expected career at end:
Not sure, but not expecting Bumrah to end up with too many.

Johan

State 12th Man
Career to date:
Anderson>Cummins>Rabada>Bumrah

Quality:
Bumrah>Cummins>Rabada>Anderson (swap the last 2 if you want).

Expected career at end:
Not sure, but not expecting Bumrah to end up with too many.
Completely agree, would just move Jimmy over Rabada in quality zone.

Jimmy or cummins would end with the best career.

PlayerComparisons

International Regular
Steyn’s WPM: 4.72
Rabada’s WPM: 4.67
McGrath’s WPM: 4.54
Bumrah’s WPM: 4.47
Cummins’ WPM: 4.34

Pollock’s WPM: 3.90
Anderson’s WPM: 3.74

I expect Cummins’ to go up over the next few years. His mothers death affected his form last year.

Last edited:

Coronis

International Coach
Steyn’s WPM: 4.72
Rabada’s WPM: 4.67
McGrath’s WPM: 4.54
Bumrah’s WPM: 4.47
Cummins’ WPM: 4.34

Pollock’s WPM: 3.90
Anderson’s WPM: 3.74

I expect Cummins’ to go up over the next few years. His mothers death affected his form last year.
Unsurprisingly, Pollock and Anderson have the highest SR’s here. McGrath’s is also significantly higher, but he bowled a lot more comparatively.

Overs per match (decimals are number of balls 1-5)

McGrath - 39.2
Pollock - 37.3
Anderson - 35.3
Cummins - 33.5
Steyn - 33.2
Bumrah - 32.4
Rabada - 30.4