• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Help! Need some advice

Ticks

Cricket Spectator
Hi everyone

i need some advice, I want to buy a cricket bat for someone who plays every year but i dont know anything about cricket. Could anyone give me some advice on which bat to buy and where from. He is not a professional but has been playing in a team for about 3 years.

I have been thinking abut Kookaburra and either from cricketsupplies.com or vks.com. Has anyone bought from these before? any advice would be great.

thanks in advance.

DomMather

Cricket Spectator
The best thing to do would be to go with him when you pick the bat - bats have to feel right, and if he's not there it could be the wrong size, wieght, or quality of willow

PhoenixFire

International Coach
Yup, the main thing is to try the feel of a bat before buying it. Only a fool would buy a bat off the internet, not having felt it in their hands beforehand. As the above poster said, it would be best to get them to choose it.