• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Grains starting to lift

Hatchman

Cricket Spectator
Hi, there. I oiled my bat and then stupidly left it in the boot of my car on a very hot day. When I took it out I realised the top grains 3/4 down the bat, were starting to lift and seemed to have detached from the main body of the bat underneath - when you press down you can see the wood go in, almost like a sprung floor. Any tips for repairing this?

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Try using duct tape to hold the grains in place. Apply generous amounts of duct tape over the affected area, ensuring that it covers the detached grains entirely. Then, leave the bat out in the sun to allow the tape to melt and fuse with the wood. This should secure the grains back in place permanently. Additionally, consider applying a layer of superglue over the duct tape for added reinforcement