• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Favourite indian...

Dochster

Cricket Spectator
I'm australian but uve gotta appreciate the way india has come here this summer...

with no mcgrath they've taken advantage and proved an awesome opposition ... so full credit there...

but who do you rekon is the best indian player... with the best character and best form this summer...

i rekon dravid... even if he was caught ball tampering

least favourite are all the bowlers :) cause they get my team out

CDAK

U19 Debutant
I don't know whether an Indian's like matters here or not. Neverthless, I will opt Dravid. He is a perfect character( some may ponit out the ball tampering issue, but I will say he won't do it in purpose. Another thread is already discussing that, so I leave the topic).
Apart from that, SRT is the all time Mr.Clean( barring those low scores) for India.

Linda

International Vice-Captain
Definately Laxman. I like a man of class. I could watch him all day, and I dont mind if he doesnt get out, unlike the others haha.

Plus, he really makes me laugh because he is so stylish with the bat, but when he runs between the wickets and "slides" he is so awkward...:lol:

ReallyCrazy

Banned
Coming from an Indian...I like Dravid. He is probably the most down to earth and nicest guys in world cricket. Even after all the success, he has always remained modest. He has never sledged or got into an argument with another player in his whole career. Even if other players sledged him, he always kept quiet and let his bat do the talking.

And then the ball tampering incident occured a few days ago. I just reckon he wasn't thinking clearly...he knew what he was doing for sure but just wasn't thinking clearly. It kind of tainte his image but he's still one of my fav.

I also like Ganguly for the aggressive approach he shows. He changed the image that all indian captains are "nice" and is not afraid to speak what is on his mind.

Andre

International Regular
VVS Laxman for mine. I also, however think Akash Chopra adds a lot to the side with balance.

Mind you, I could watch Anil Kumble and Murali Kartik bowl all day - despite his shocking Sydney Test, I do rate Kartik as a bowler.

Oh, and AA!

deeps

International 12th Man
i HATE ganguly....he's a prick

Dravid is a champ,despite his ball tampering.... but GANGULY IS A TOTAL PRICK.......

as steve waugh once said "he's a prick... and that's paying him a complement"

hehe:D :D :D

krkode

State Captain
Tendulkar, Dravid, Ganguly, Laxman, Kumble :D

'tis all.

As an Indian fan nobody has made my cricket-watching days more enjoyable than these four gentlemen :)

BlackCap_Fan

State Vice-Captain
krkode said:
Tendulkar, Dravid, Ganguly, Laxman, Kumble :D

'tis all.

As an Indian fan nobody has made my cricket-watching days more enjoyable than these four gentlemen :)
nice counting.

Laxman,Tendulkar And Dravid are majestic batsmen.I sit on my seat all day and watch em bat with style.Although the Indian tour of NZ was a tad bowler dominated:lol:

Last edited:

Salamuddin

International Debutant
Ashish Nehra, the greatest fielder in the world :D

Seriously though, young Pathan really impresses me.
He has immense talent -- could develop into that match winning quick that India has been searching for all these years.

krkode

State Captain
BlackCap_Fan said:
nice counting.

Laxman,Tendulkar And Dravid are majestic batsmen.I sit on my seat all day and watch em bat with style.Although the Indian tour of NZ was a tad bowler dominated:lol:
My bad. I mean five :D

masterblaster

International Captain
As an Indian supporter for over 16 years, a lot of people have been heroes to me.

In the current crop of players, I tend to agree with everybody here.

Rahul Dravid - Ive met him a couple of times too, he is one of the nicest and most honest people in cricket. Apart from that incident, he is a man of integrity and dedication. He is the true 'Wall' for India and always is the man for the crisis.

Sachin Tendulkar - Arguably one of the hardest working cricketers in the world. Even with all his god given talent he still puts in more than anybody else in the nets and with his practice drills. He's such a nice guy too. The greatest batsman from my generation - easily.

VVS Laxman - One of my all time favourite players, Laxman is the most stylish, elegant batsman Ive seen alongside Mark Waugh, Mohammad Azharuddin and David Gower. Laxman in full flow eclipses those three gentleman too. His dedication is second to none and he has to be one of the nicest guys in the team at the moment.

Ajit Agarkar - He's a hard tryer, a brilliantly talented young man with still a large future in the game. Fastest to 50 wickets, one of the quickest to 100, 7 ducks on the trot, Agarkar is inconsistently Brilliant, and here at the AAAS we love him for it!

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
The Indian players I have admired over the years :-

Kapil Dev - he was the Indian player I liked most when I started watching cricket around 1991. The slogging of Kapil and the way he used to play with a lot of heart fascinated me even back then.

Tendulkar - I rated him as a batsman obviously but after I met him, his humility has been the thing which has stuck with me. He will always remain 'special'.

G.Vishwanath - The original Mr. Technique. I havent had the pleasure of watching him live in his hey days but I was fascinated by his technique when he was playing a masters tournament. I then saw old clippings of him and he fasicnates me every time. India has always had a high success rate whenever Vishwanath has scored a century which is a very useful stat to evaluate a player I feel.

Azhar - No matter how good Laxman gets, his flicks cant beat those of Azhar's. The guy placed the ball the best I have seen. Fielders wouldnt move when he hit shots and I am not fabricating here at all. He hit the ball and they could just watch it sail to the boundary.

Dravid - I was impressed by him when India toured New Zealand and he made the big scores there( not the last tour but the tour before that). That was when he should have been accepted as one of the best batsmen in the world right away. Its good neverthless that his list of admirers keeps growing every day.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Rahul Dravid and VVS Laxman, both have been brilliant this summer. Sachin will always be great but these two have been awesome on this tour. Laxman gets 3 hundreds in 1 week, Rahul Dravid is always consistent. Both bring a lot to India's middle order.

CDAK

U19 Debutant
SquidAU said:
definately VVS Laxman.......sweet timer and very wristy......
He got his wrist works influenced from his master,supporter,.. Mohammed Azharuddin.( both from Hyderabad)
Azharuddin was instrumental behind Laxman's place in the team during his career beginning.

V Reddy

International Debutant
CDAK said:
He got his wrist works influenced from his master,supporter,.. Mohammed Azharuddin.( both from Hyderabad)
Azharuddin was instrumental behind Laxman's place in the team during his career beginning.
That used to be the time when regionalism used to exist a lot. I think this is the one main thing which i like about Ganguly and his arrogancy worked to his benefit. He wanted a team of his own and has made stars out of players he believed in like Sehwag , Harbhajan , Yuvraj , Kaif, Zaheer ,etc,. even though they didn't come from his region.