• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Draft Discussion

kears_falcon_9

International Debutant
Just wonderign (not complaining) when i will get hiugher draft selections so far i have
Round 1: 19
Round 2: 9
Round 3: 14
Round 4: 15

now i no other teams might have had just as bad but just wondering how u choose wat order we go in? caise the closest ive been is number 9 so yer

Cloete

International Captain
kears_falcon_9 said:
Just wonderign (not complaining) when i will get hiugher draft selections so far i have
Round 1: 19
Round 2: 9
Round 3: 14
Round 4: 15

now i no other teams might have had just as bad but just wondering how u choose wat order we go in? caise the closest ive been is number 9 so yer
Yeah I've had 15,15, 5 and now 18. I'm still extremely happy with the players I've got but will each draft round have the same quality of players? So that I don't end up with teh crappy players in the latter rounds when i start picking higher up!

kears_falcon_9

International Debutant
yer well i bet that by the time som of us enter the top 5 for selections we will get 20 or 25 players who have been knocked bacdk in other rounds so yer i rekon we mite get left with the not so good players

AUST_HiTMaN

International Debutant
Stop bloody complaining, its just luck of the draw. Im sure Nikhil isnt deliberatly favouring people, and making it hard for others. There is still a long way in the draft.

And really if you use your head you can get decent picks at numbers 10-18, i got TCB Fernando at pick #12, his stats are: 1day: bat av - 19.39, bowl sr 44.9, econ -4.33. Test - bat av -19.91, bowl sr - 46.5, econ - 3.41. Now i consider him to be a number 1-5 pick out of the players who were nominated for that round. Yet i picked him up at 12, so play your cards rightand you will get satisfactory picks.

chrisbroadie

School Boy/Girl Captain
too right i picked up martin love at #9 and michael kasprowicz at #15 - just take your time when u pick ur players

NikhilN

International Regular
Each round will have a few good players and a few crappy players so dont worry...you will have your time too when you are high in the order

Cloete

International Captain
Nah I reckon I've made the best picks :D

1st Round: M Elliot, 4d avge: 50.71 1d avge: 42.18 picking 15th!!!!

2nd Round: A Zach, 4d s/r: 42.6(2.17 econ!) 1d s/r: 27.6 (4.07 econ!) Picking 15th!!!

3rd Round: S MacGill, 4d s/r: 53.0 1d s/r: 27 that was picking 5th though

AUST_HiTMaN

International Debutant
Yeah, well i certaintly cant complain about my picks.

IJ Harvey (16th) - all rounder, 33.03 5d bat av 2.91 5d bowl econ, 29.00 1d bowl SR

Z Edbrooke (1st) - keeper, 55.67 5d bat av, 41.65 1d bat av.

TCB Fernando (12th) - pace bowler, 19.91 5d bat av, 19.39 1d bat av, 46.50 5d SR, 44.90 1d SR.

Im happy with those picks, setting the foundations for a solid team.

ash chaulk

International Captain
**** i dont even get what picks i asked for....... and i had a number 1 pick at one stage and got someone ****

Wazim

School Boy/Girl Captain
hey nikhil for the pitch conditions, u should let the manager to decide...so then we can make a pitch according to our team, so we can have home field advantage...eh?

NikhilN

International Regular
ash chaulk said:
**** i dont even get what picks i asked for....... and i had a number 1 pick at one stage and got someone ****
I never even get your e-mails...how do I know what you want...

NikhilN

International Regular
Wazim said:
hey nikhil for the pitch conditions, u should let the manager to decide...so then we can make a pitch according to our team, so we can have home field advantage...eh?
Well it is too late for this season but maybe next Wazim

Wazim

School Boy/Girl Captain
sounds good, but i feel u could do it this season though..as the managers can email u the pithc conditon they want....if they want to change it before a game then they email u

and if they dont email u, then u leave the pitch as it was previously

NikhilN

International Regular
Well I dont like the idea of changing the pitch for a game but letting managers pick there pitch conditions for the season sounds good...but I cant do it this season

AUST_HiTMaN

International Debutant
I dont want to stir the sh*t on the forums, but check your emails nikhil, im not too happy at the moment. Considering it was my #2 pick wasted...