• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Cricket Footwear

PF85

Cricket Spectator
Hi there

I have just started playing cricket and I wanted to know what the best footwear to use. There so many different brands to choose from and I don't know what the best cricketing footwear would be for me. I can tell you that I am a batting all-rounder that occassionally bowls from time to time but also I am livewire in the field and if anyone could give any suggestions what the best one is for me than that would be great.

Thanks in advance

Coach_Pearson

First Class Debutant
Depends on the surface you are playing on. On Grass/Turf you will need spikes, on Sythentic/Mats/Astro/Concrete a god pair of runners will serve you well, or a set of rubber spikes would work as well.

In terms of brands I would favour a cricket equipment maker over a shoe maker. For example I would purchase a Gray Nicholls pair before a pair from Nike, just because Gray Nicholls would know more about cricket.

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
ASICS has some good spikes and rubber studs for slightly higher prices, but they're definitely worth it. I had a GM pair once as well which were alright.

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
Depends on the surface you are playing on. On Grass/Turf you will need spikes, on Sythentic/Mats/Astro/Concrete a god pair of runners will serve you well, or a set of rubber spikes would work as well.

In terms of brands I would favour a cricket equipment maker over a shoe maker. For example I would purchase a Gray Nicholls pair before a pair from Nike, just because Gray Nicholls would know more about cricket.
I got a pair of Nikes last season. Damn good shoes, found them way better than the ones I had in previous years from Gray Nicholls and Puma.