• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Aus XI- 3 no. 11's

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Yeah he did a really good job as nightwatchman, was pretty surprising to me given what he’s dished up with the bat in tests so far.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Yeah he did a really good job as nightwatchman, was pretty surprising to me given what he’s dished up with the bat in tests so far.
He was always the most annoying **** as night-watchman as a Sheffield Shield fan.

He never made any runs but **** me I learned to hate the guy just for that reason.

If he makes 5(35) here tonight with Khawaja I'll be stoked.

Pun intended.

GoodAreasShane

Cricketer Of The Year
He was always the most annoying **** as night-watchman as a Sheffield Shield fan.

He never made any runs but **** me I learned to hate the guy just for that reason.

If he makes 5(35) here tonight with Khawaja I'll be stoked.

Pun intended.
Yeah Boland has a history of being a horrifyingly boring yet effective nightwatchman at Shield level for sure

All this in a team usually captained by Peter Handscomb who has a habit of having a cry any time someone tried to bat out a draw on one of their state highway type pitches

Victorians are just the worst

Spark

Global Moderator
i’ve said this before, but unless they’re equal in literally every other area it’s clownworld to select a bowler who is worse but can bat more over a bowler who is better as a general rule of thumb lol

like if you reckon starc or neser is a better fit than haze or boland or is less likely to get injured or what have you, absolutely, pick them (and i would’ve picked neser). don’t do it because of how it might shore up your number nine
Axar Patel to comment

Kenneth Viljoen

International Debutant
It's true , but it was not something that needed to be said right now, I don't think Robinson thinks when he talks ..Just gave extra motivation to Australia's bowlers .
There you go what did I say , Boland and Lyon help Australia win the game with the bat ..

The reason why you don't make these kind of statements is to not give the opposition extra motivation to prove you wrong .

Burgey

Poor Robinson. He wants to be the villain but isn't important enough to hate.

Spikey

I'm really annoyed the Cummins/Lyon stand didn't get to have another 7 runs, as that would have meant Lyon was again in the biggest stand of the innings which would have been like the fourth time for him which is pretty bonkers.

loterry1994

International Debutant
Funny thing is Englands tail just as bad if not worse than the Aus tail. Broad and Anderson are pretty much walking wickets, both scared of the short ball like they’ve never played cricket. Robbo ain’t that great with the stick either. Both tails a quite evenly matched