• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

An EVEN NEWER SEASON...

Paid The Umpire

All Time Legend
After my final exams this semester I'll create a true online league... just like WCC... I haven't got a name but it will be good. ;)

It will feature 100% fake players and stats... so no need for trading great names about. And it'll have a cool website.

Cloete

International Captain
i'm in. so u can't pick people ahead of me (except david or jason i guess).

i also want 1st choice of teams :P.

one other thing, i think it's better if we do use real players?? it'd be alot better IMO.

David

International 12th Man
Samuel_Vimes said:
I'll join too - as for name, I suggest Umpire Cricket Manager.
LOL!

thats a good name :)

Why do you think it would be a lot better Andrew?

Cloete

International Captain
David said:

Why do you think it would be a lot better Andrew?
I don't like using a bunch of people i've never heard of. also then the teams we choose to use would actually have some meaning. if we do use real players (and i suggest we do) I'd want the Bulls. but i wouldn't want them without havign Haydos and have some otehr guy i've never heard of. I'd want Kasper but not some made up guy with different stats. just some of the many reasons i think real players and teams would be better

age_master

Hall of Fame Member
Cloete said:
I don't like using a bunch of people i've never heard of. also then the teams we choose to use would actually have some meaning. if we do use real players (and i suggest we do) I'd want the Bulls. but i wouldn't want them without havign Haydos and have some otehr guy i've never heard of. I'd want Kasper but not some made up guy with different stats. just some of the many reasons i think real players and teams would be better
yeah i agree, i think using real players would be better :)

Last edited:

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
I've just realised something. As I go through the stats, I notice that there are no declarations. For example, the match between Disc Team and White Tigers:

Disc Team 476 (Ponting 143, Thorpe 106, Vaughan 93 - Akhtar 3-90)

In reply, White Tigers scored 451 (Smith 163, Kallis 113 - Lee 4-101)

2nd innings, the Disc Team continue to pile on the runs and score 414 with Smith's 157 and Dravid's 155. However, this leaves 108 balls to bowl White Tigers out. Needless to say, the White Tigers held out for 70/0 and drew the Test.

Now I would have declared at around 320/4 (yes, that was the score - check attached scorecard) nearly 80 balls earlier to give my team at least a chance of a win without risking a loss. So is it possible to put declarations - either automatic or manually specified - into the game?

Attachments

Paid The Umpire

All Time Legend
HERE IS MY NEW THEORY...

Each team choose 3 actual players from their state and then make up the rest with fake players???

How about that?

Cloete

International Captain
Paid The Umpire said:
HERE IS MY NEW THEORY...

Each team choose 3 actual players from their state and then make up the rest with fake players???

How about that?
hm.... well how many per squad? say if it's a squad of 16... then how about 8 per squad?

also a good idea is trading all season