• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

All time ODI XI discussion

Red

The normal awards that everyone else has
I think one of these was started a while ago but a fresh one can’t hurt considering there’s been some England discussion.

Aus is pretty clear cut imo

Adam Gilchrist
Mark Waugh
Ricky Ponting
Dean Jones
Andrew Symonds
Mike Hussey
Shane Watson
Brett Lee
Shane Warne
Mitchell Starc
Glenn McGrath

Arguments to be made for Warner, Bevan, Bracken, Lillee, Smith, Chappell, S.Waugh but I’m running with this.

capt_Luffy

International Captain
WI (Given minimum 5 matches played):

Greenidge
Hope+
Lara
Richards
Lloyd*
Hooper
Bravo
Holding
Roberts
Garner
Ambrose

Fuller Pilch

Hall of Fame Member
NZ

Crowe
Turner (Astle & Guptill close)
Williamson
Taylor
Mitchell (Twose close)
McCullum
Oram/Cairns/Harris (might depend on the pitch)
Hadlee
Vettori
Bond
Boult

Silver Silva

International Regular
Let's do one for Afghanistan the rising stars of World cricket ..

1.Ibrahim Zadran
2.Rahmnullah Gurbaz
3.Rahmat Shah
4.Mohammad Shahzad (WK)
5.Azmatullah Omarzai
6.Gulbadin Naib
7.Mohammad Nabi
8.Rashid Khan
9.Mujeeb Ur Rahman
10.Hamid Hassan
11.Fazalhaq Farooqi

Silver Silva

International Regular
Bangladesh:

1.Tamim Iqbal
2.Liton Das
3.Shakib Al Hasan
4.Mushfiqur Rahim (WK)
5.Towhid Hridoy
6.Mahmudullah Riyadh
7.Mohammad Saifuddin
8.Mehidy Hasan Miraz
9.Mashrafe Mortaza
10.Taskin Ahmed
11.Mustafizur Rahman

*I have no idea why Saifuddin does not play regularly for Bangladesh anymore , an Asian seaming all rounder that averages 36 with the bat and only 31 with the ball is goldust..Every other Asian team is searching high and low for these kind of players and he's still only 27

capt_Luffy

International Captain
Let's do one for Afghanistan the rising stars of World cricket ..

1.Ibrahim Zadran
2.Rahmnullah Gurbaz
3.Rahmat Shah
4.Mohammad Shahzad (WK)
5.Azmatullah Omarzai
6.Gulbadin Naib
7.Mohammad Nabi
8.Rashid Khan
9.Mujeeb Ur Rahman
10.Hamid Hassan
11.Fazalhaq Farooqi
No Shahidi?

Silver Silva

International Regular
No Shahidi?
No I wouldn't have him , I already compromised with Rahmat Shah ..Shahidi's SR is in the 60's far too low for the era which Afghanistan has been playing in ..
Shahzad averages around the same with the bat at a SR in the high 80's plus keeps wicket better than Gurbaz

capt_Luffy

International Captain
No I wouldn't have him , I already compromised with Rahmat Shah ..Shahidi's SR is in the 60's far too low for the era which Afghanistan has been playing in ..
Shahzad averages around the same with the bat at a SR in the high 80's plus keeps wicket better than Gurbaz
Cool. Would also have Razzak in place of either Taskin or preferably Saifuddin (because he doesn't gets regular even now) in Bangladesh team.

capt_Luffy

International Captain
Rohit is an automatic choice imo. Ganguly is in contention for that lone Middle order spot with Azharuddin.

India XI:

Tendulkar
Sharma
Ganguly
Kohli (will change depending on over left)
Yuvraj
Dhoni+*
Dev
Kumble
Kuldeep
Shami
Bumrah

Gob

International Coach
I think one of these was started a while ago but a fresh one can’t hurt considering there’s been some England discussion.

Aus is pretty clear cut imo

Adam Gilchrist
Mark Waugh
Ricky Ponting
Dean Jones
Andrew Symonds
Mike Hussey
Shane Watson
Brett Lee
Shane Warne
Mitchell Starc
Glenn McGrath

Arguments to be made for Warner, Bevan, Bracken, Lillee, Smith, Chappell, S.Waugh but I’m running with this.
lol bevan is like a legitimate candidate for the AT odi side full stop so you would have to smoke a lot of grass to select hussey ahead of him. I would also prefer hayden 07 version or warner ahead of mark waugh.

Fuller Pilch

Hall of Fame Member
Aus

Adam Gilchrist
Shane Watson
Ricky Ponting
Dean Jones
Andrew Symonds
Michael Bevan
Mike Hussey
Shane Warne
Mitchell Starc