• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Ajay Jadeja

FRAZ

International Captain
Will he be ever able to play again . We hear different stories about him every other day ....

iamdavid

International Debutant
Doubt he'd get into the Indian side anyway.

He was never much chop in the longer form & he's getting on a bit now , and with the ODI side looking towards 2007 his chances are minimal.
Plus Yuvraj , Sehwag , Gavaskar & Kaif have all come in & established themselves since he's been out.

V Reddy

International Debutant
He is playing in the domestic cricket but is performing mediocrely . He won't get in to the team as they are some other talented batsman waiting in the wings and he is ageing. He was a very good player in the onedayers though

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
iamdavid said:
Plus Yuvraj , Sehwag , Gavaskar & Kaif have all come in & established themselves since he's been out.
I would take Jadeja over any one of them, certainly Gavaskar and Kaif. Sehwag would be the closest to displacing him in my team.

Sudeep

International Captain
Even I would pick Jadeja over Yuvraj and Kaif any day. Gavaskar? I don't know. We haven't seen much of him... So...

Though Jadeja seems to be definitely past his prime, I'm not a huge fan of either Yuvraj or Kaif or for that matter even Sehwag, and thus would love to see Jadeja back.

Do I see it happening though? NO.

Because the Indian selectors are weird. I don't see any reason why Nayan Mongia is not in the Indian Squad.

Salamuddin

International Debutant
Sudeep Popat said:
Even I would pick Jadeja over Yuvraj and Kaif any day. Gavaskar? I don't know. We haven't seen much of him... So...

Though Jadeja seems to be definitely past his prime, I'm not a huge fan of either Yuvraj or Kaif or for that matter even Sehwag, and thus would love to see Jadeja back.

Do I see it happening though? NO.

Because the Indian selectors are weird. I don't see any reason why Nayan Mongia is not in the Indian Squad.
I guess we'll never know what the deal was with MOngia.

The rumours are that he had attitude problems and didn't get along with his teammates -- whether they were true or not, who knows ?

I just don't see any chance for him or Jadeja to get back into the national squad.

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
Jadeja is History. Indian Cricket is much better without Jadejas, Mongias (Nayan), Prabhakars and Azhars. Jadeja can never be like Yuvraj or Kaif. These two are the future of INDIA.

Jadeja had his opportunity and he blew it.

Salamuddin

International Debutant
Let's face it: The era of guys like Jadeja, mongia, Azharuddin, Prasad, Joshi, Srinath etc. is over (for various reasons e.g bans, retirements. age).

V Reddy

International Debutant
I would put Yuvraj definately and Kaif just above Jadeja. Jadeja most often used to bat well when the team were batting first while Kaif and Yuvraj are match winning players batting second too.

rajat

School Boy/Girl Captain
Has Anyone seen Ajay Jadeja's Movie KHEL.

The person doesnt even know how to speak.

It is meant to be a serious movie, but is even Funnier than "The Flinstones" on Cartoon Network.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Jadejha over Sehwag and Yuvraj? Definitely not, especially now. I would not be happy if Jadeja made it back into the team, and lucky for me I don't see it happening. I don't have anything against him, I used to be a fan of his back in the day but his time has passed.

iamdavid

International Debutant
vishnureddy said:
I would put Yuvraj definately and Kaif just above Jadeja. Jadeja most often used to bat well when the team were batting first while Kaif and Yuvraj are match winning players batting second too.
Generally this was the case but he made a superb hundred , best knock of his carear IMO batting second against Australia in the 1999 World Cup.

godofcricket

State 12th Man
rajat said:
Has Anyone seen Ajay Jadeja's Movie KHEL.

The person doesnt even know how to speak.

It is meant to be a serious movie, but is even Funnier than "The Flinstones" on Cartoon Network.

:lol: :lol: :lol:
I dont know if hes ever gonna come back into cricket or not but yes i saw that movie....i thought the overall movie was good but jadeja's acting was horrible. Anyway best of luck to him for his next release.

V Reddy

International Debutant
iamdavid said:
Generally this was the case but he made a superb hundred , best knock of his carear IMO batting second against Australia in the 1999 World Cup.
But he didn't make an effort to win that match. India scored about 220 chasing 280 odd and Jadeja was still at the crease in the end.

ReallyCrazy

Banned
Ajay Jadeja will not be able to get back into the team...ever. I don't think he's a good player anyway.

Ajay Jadeja has also done a bollywood movie which was a BIG FLOP :lol:

scud101

Cricket Spectator
Ajay Jadeja:

Is the worst actor I've ever seen.

Was wrongfully implicated in the match-fixing scandal.

Was a very good ODI player, the best reader of an ODI game in the Indian team for quite a while.

Doesn't stand a chance of getting back to the ODI team against the likes of Yuvraj, Kaif, Sehwag, Badani, Gavaskar etc.

Is aging.

For the above reasons, I don't think he stands a chance of getting back into the team. I would love to see him back though, he was a good player.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Personally I would pick Jadeja over Badani, Kaif and Gavaskar without question. Yuvraj Singh, less sure; about equal in ability in my estimation.
Sehwag, meanwhile, is an opener as far as one-dayers are concerned and if you pick him in the middle then I'd certainly prefer Jadeja.
If there is no proof of match-fixing (and clearly there isn't) then non-selection of Jadeja and Mongia cannot really be explained by this excuse.
As far as Tests are concerned I don't think he's anywhere near as good as any of Dravid, Laxman and Ganguly.
So, in conclusion, if he's available, and is judged to be likely to still be available in 2007, I'd say he's worth consideration. But not, clearly, in place of Dravid or Laxman.
Ganguly
Sehwag
Laxman
Tendulkar
Dravid
Jadeja
Yurvaj Singh
would be quite a line-up. I don't think they could even manage to collapse to a bowling-line-up by the name of Australia.