• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Vic Orthdox - Awesome cricket player?

KennyD

International Vice-Captain
Vic Orthdox, aka Jack McNamara, just so happens to be away at the moment. Is this him playing for the Australia U-19s? He does fit the age.

http://content-uk.cricinfo.com/australia/content/match/219609.html

And hes from Victoria, is this him playing in all of the Victorian teams on this next page.

http://uk.cricinfo.com/db/ARCHIVE/2004-05/AUS_LOCAL/OTHERS/U19/

I think it is, because I remember him mentioning a passing reference to being at those Australian U19 championships last year. Although I never suspected him there as a player.

benchmark00

Request Your Custom Title Now!
KennyD said:
Vic Orthdox, aka Jack McNamara, just so happens to be away at the moment. Is this him playing for the Australia U-19s? He does fit the age.

http://content-uk.cricinfo.com/australia/content/match/219609.html

And hes from Victoria, is this him playing in all of the Victorian teams on this next page.

http://uk.cricinfo.com/db/ARCHIVE/2004-05/AUS_LOCAL/OTHERS/U19/

I think it is, because I remember him mentioning a passing reference to being at those Australian U19 championships last year. Although I never suspected him there as a player.
Indeed it is, Kenneth

age_master

Hall of Fame Member
well if it is him than he is an awsome cricketer, i would say probably the best on the forum (than again apparently lots of FC cricketers come here and dont post so mabe not)

KennyD

benchmark00 said:
Indeed it is, Kenneth
Wow, I never knew, does he actually bowl left arm offies? Also, what I find incredible is that such a guy would be on an internet forum. I know two fellas in that Australian side, used to play the a fair bit, Graeme Skennar the opening batsman and Ben Gledhill the keeper. Absolute w@nkers. And dumb w@nkers at that. Great players, but terrible kids. You wouldnt find them on something like CW. And Jack comes across as so smart too. Its heart-warming to find that a player of his calibre can come here and be a mod, take part in CW XI stuff with such enthusiasm, despite him playing on the international stage himself, and just be a decent guy.

Well done Jack.

James90

Cricketer Of The Year
KennyD said:
Wow, I never knew, does he actually bowl left arm offies? Also, what I find incredible is that such a guy would be on an internet forum. I know two fellas in that Australian side, used to play the a fair bit, Graeme Skennar the opening batsman and Ben Gledhill the keeper. Absolute w@nkers. And dumb w@nkers at that. Great players, but terrible kids. You wouldnt find them on something like CW. And Jack comes across as so smart too. Its heart-warming to find that a player of his calibre can come here and be a mod, take part in CW XI stuff with such enthusiasm, despite him playing on the international stage himself, and just be a decent guy.

Well done Jack.
Yep you're right
I remember watching the Australian u19's play Bangladesh and I was the only not player or coaching staff at the ground so everyone sat basically together. They were all the biggest ********s and just threw ice at each other and made fun of the Bangladeshis

Robertinho

Cricketer Of The Year
Yes he took 1/45 yesterday against India. But this probably isn't what he'd like to be happening - he kept it to himself for I reason I expect, because he IS modest. He's a good guy, but as he'd say, not made better because of his cricketing talent than anyone else :p

Buddhmaster

International Captain
Haha, he's always saying he's gotta go to training, I thought he was talking his club cricket all too seriously. Especially in the winter.

Deja moo

International Captain
This is big ! Hes been extremely modest despite probably being the best among all of CW by a margin.

Agent TBY

International Captain
I think he mentioned a tour to India a while back.

Interested to know, does the U-19 tour itinerary include Dharamshala??

Last edited:

Robertinho

Cricketer Of The Year
Australia Under-19 in India, Schedule

Date Between Venue

19 Sep OD 1: India Under-19s v Australia Under-19s Mohali
21 Sep OD 2: India Under-19s v Australia Under-19s Mohali
24 Sep OD 3: India Under-19s v Australia Under-19s Dharamshala
25 Sep OD 4: India Under-19s v Australia Under-19s Dharamshala
28 Sep OD 5: India Under-19s v Australia Under-19s Delhi

KennyD

Robertinho said:
He's a good guy, but as he'd say, not made better because of his cricketing talent than anyone else :p
Of course not, but he is the opposite of the norm - the norm being that most under age stars are brats.

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
Haha. I remember him telling me he only made his club's first team because he "got lucky" and they didn't already have a spinner. Taking modesty a bit too far there. ;)

Oh well, good on him. I always got the impression he was pretty good, but never realised quite how good.

Sir Redman

State Vice-Captain
KennyD said:
Of course not, but he is the opposite of the norm - the norm being that most under age stars are brats.
Even most mildly succesful under-age players are brats...so many of the guys I know from cricket and hockey that are in regional under-age teams are the most arrogant, stuck-up idiots I've ever met.

Strangely though, the best sportsman I know - my old first XI/rep captain, who made the NZ under 17s cricket team, NZ under 19 rugby team and has now got a full contract with Canterbury rugby (from reports I've heard, he was going to be replacing Reuben Thorne this year in the NPC but that hasn't happened) - is a really good, humble guy.

Burpey

Cricketer Of The Year
If I was a decent cricketer I'd show off about it :p

I wonder if Jack is logging on in India getting all embarassed