• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dev League Season 8 (Sign Up Here!)

Buddhmaster

International Captain
Great win there. What a partnership, bad luck Chaulky. Probably lucky our top order went so good, wouldn't of wanted it to go down to the wire with me there in this form.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Tuesday 15th March

CW Black v CW Red
at the CW Oval

Dave Watt was nothing short of inspirational in leading Cricket Web Red to an outstanding win over Black at the Oval. Not only did Watt take wickets at opportune times, but he shone with the bat for two entertaining and crucial innings.

Red was inserted and struggled to 43/4. Mørk, as usual, was solid at the top, but it appeared as though he would have no support. Watt entered at 157/7 and wasted little time in making his mark. His half-century came up off only 31 balls and in total he hit 7 fours and a towering six off Neil Pickup, as the Reds scrambled to 260 all out.

Watt then dismissed Jones and Butler in quick succession to set Black back. He faced a pounding from Wilson and Chaulk, but finished with 3 good wickets. Wilson's fiery half-century combined with much of the same from Dave Richards, as the two helped their team to a lead of 17 runs. Perhaps the least likely contributor though, was Neil Pickup, as he ended unbeaten on his season-high.

Red batted again and showed a lot more application. Dauth was the only man to pass 50, but almost everyone showed stickability. Ultimately Dauth was run out short of a century, but he did enough to push on to 317 all out. He got some handy support from none other than Dave Watt. The Waussie-born pacer cracked 6 fours off the spinners in another cameo.

Black then set out to chase 301 runs for victory. The openers did not last long, but Butler and Blackman rebuilt to 75, when the latter was dismissed. Soon after, Butler too was gone and it was 87/4. Wilson tried to settle in for a long innings, but seemed out of his element and was LBW for 17. A 92-run partnership then came from Dubb-Lynch and Chaulk, the two batsmen going hard at the bowlers.

Alas, it was not to be for Black. Watt returned to get Dubb-Lynch caught at point and the innings somewhat crumbled to 257 all out.

Cricket Web Red 1st Innings 260 all out
Cricket Web Black 1st Innings 277 all out
Cricket Web Red 2nd Innings 317 all out
Cricket Web Black 2nd Innings 257 all out
Cricket Web Red won by 43 runs.

Man of the Match: DJ Watt

CW Blue v CW Green
at the CWBCC Stadium

Cricket Web Blue maintained its third place position with a tame draw against Green. Blue was up against it, facing a deficit of 139 on first innings on a day four pitch, but a return to form for Simon Fitzsimmons went a long way toward ensuring that the Greens not get the result they desired.

Blue had batted first upon winning the toss, but only managed 316 all out. The score proved disappointing, as it had earlier been 254/2 when Young and Wilshere were at the crease. Young played exceptionally, but was struck in front by Weber whilst missing a sweep shot in the 90s. Wlshere too was very impressive, scoring a third consecutive half-century since his return.

In their turn, the Greens were very cautious from the outset. Brendon Goff came in and played a classy innings, allowing Feeney to play a bit more freely. The real hero though, was Anthony Lezama. He played for a second career FC hundred, after getting his first against Blue the last time the teams met. He was not without support though. Bryce Cunningham played maturely at the other end, but was unfortunately bowled before he could reach his ton.

The Green innings closed late on day four, with the pitch clearly not favouring strokeplay, yet not with anything for the seamers to speak of. Fitzsimmons and Young took the Blues to stumps at 87/0. The good play continued on day five, and de Silva cashed in for a half-century. Camps pondered a declaration in the final session, but decided safety would be the call of the day and batted out the remaining overs.

Cricket Web Blue 1st Innings 316 all out
Cricket Web Green 1st Innings 455 all out
Cricket Web Blue 2nd Innings 301 for 5
Test Match Drawn.

Man of the Match: SJ Fitzsimmons
With its first draw of the season, Cricket Web Green puts pressure on Black to win the final 5D game of the season, against Blue. Green won the head-to-head matchup 5-3 this season, so Black must finish with more points than Green. This, of course means that Green has to lose against Red in addition to a Black victory, for Black to be 5D Champions. A draw for Green would secure the title, regardless of what Black does.

Cricket Web Red will look to win against Green, as it is the only way it can avoid a last place finish in 5D, despite cutting the margin between Blue and Red by 15 points with the most recent victory. Cricket Web Blue has won the season series with Red 3-2, with 2 draws.

Attachments

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
Epic. Coming back there was a very good effort, shame we let Pickup get 20* but we pounded them back in the second innings. Also good that the batting stood up despite me having a bit of an off day.

Neil Pickup

The batting really, really needs to stand up for the final game of the season.

Liam, can you send me the form stats, please?

Buddhmaster

International Captain
Bad luck boys. We have to win next game, and we will. Not much to say about my performance, except maybe i should open :wacko:

Must have been a great batsmens pitch over at CWBCC Stadium.

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
Lezama, Great work on the Hundred, but 440 balls for 111, thats excruciating...

Good solid effort Green, the pitch was never going to give a result... Lets win the last match to really wrap this thing up...

Loony BoB

International Captain
Thankyou Reds for beating Blacks. :D

C'mon lads, let's pull through... very, very big game coming up and this time Reds won't be the side we want to win, that's for sure. We did great there, although it's a shame we couldn't rip through their order and finish up being season champions there and then. The trophy is ours for the taking right now and only we can let it slip away, but I have faith in everyone to finish off well. :)

Liam, can you also send the form stats to myself and Age?

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
wasn't good enough Blacks, we need to pull a rabbit our of the hat in the last match and hope that Red do us a favour.

Nice to hit some form with bat, apart from smashing Bennett out of the ground (still looking for the ball now i believe) i also liked these parts of the scorecard...

S.A. Bennett lbw b Richards 22 120 2 0
S.A. Bennett lbw b Richards 8 57 0 0
:p

Mr Mxyzptlk

I'm progressively liking the idea of a leg of the A team tour being in India, so the batsmen can learn to play spin. The spinners will also develop.

age_master

Hall of Fame Member
Good to get a draw there, the bowlers bowled solidly on a pitch that didn't really help at all, the batsmen, particularly feeney, goff, lezama and cunningham batted well to get us to a position where we were not going to lose the game, which we didn't. still need to win the last game to win though, so lets get to it :)

age_master

Hall of Fame Member
Mr Mxyzptlk said:
I'm progressively liking the idea of a leg of the A team tour being in India, so the batsmen can learn to play spin. The spinners will also develop.

could just have a series at CWBCC stadium for that :p

steds

Hall of Fame Member
superkingdave said:
i also liked these parts of the scorecard...

S.A. Bennett lbw b Richards 22 120 2 0
S.A. Bennett lbw b Richards 8 57 0 0

:p
how much did those set you back? ;)