• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dev League Season 8 (Sign Up Here!)

Don

State Vice-Captain
damn now i have nothing shiny to look at in the clubhouse.guys we better win those other 2 comps or im gonna get "GHETTO" on some ppl

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Wednesday 23rd February

CW Red v CW Blue
at the PDV Dome

Continued flair from Simon Fitzsimmons with the bat and raw aggression from Travis Demeza with the ball inspired another win for Blue in the FC arena. Still well behind in last place, Blue rallied well to start the second half of the season.

The bowling was solid in limiting Red to 225, despite a half-century from Mørk and a near thing from Dobson. Blue then replied with 394 on the back of another big Fitzsimmons hundred and starts all the way down the order. Playing from behind, Red met a pacy and intent Demeza once more.

He added to his 4 first innings wickets with 6 more for a second 10-wicket haul of the season. Only captain Marc Robbins, in the middle order, mounted any serious resistence and Blue knocked off the required 2 runs within the first over.

Cricket Web Red 1st Innings 225 all out
Cricket Web Blue 1st Innings 394 all out
Cricket Web Red 2nd Innings 170 all out
Cricket Web Blue 2nd Innings 2 for 0
Cricket Web Blue won by 10 wkts.

Man of the Match: TJ Demeza

CW Green v CW Black
at the SCG

Led by the persistent Sangrah Bhatia, CW Black managed to derail Green to its 5th FC loss this season, whilst closing the table-top gap to 15 points. Black began by batting first on the flat SCG wicket. They found Timewell difficult to negotiate early on, and slipped to 19/3. The experience of Butler combined with youthful exhuberance from Dubb-Lynch and Wilson though, and Black recovered superbly to 222/4 before collapsing once more.

In their reply to 275, the Green top order was shredded by Bhatia in the final session before Hoy and Towns saw the score to stumps. Nigh****chman Hoy then continued the following day and ended the second highest scorer of the innings, as Bryce Cunningham lifted the bowlers and the score with a counter-attacking half-century.

Green surrendered a lead of 96 on first innings and Black tried to capitalize by positive strokeplay. Blackman played a solid knock to hold the top order together, as Butler, Kearsley and Dubb-Lynch got in then got out. Ash Chaulk played a frustrated innings in the lower order, getting keen support from Dave Richards, and Black had to settle for 222 all out, with Timewell moving his match haul to 8 wickets.

Searching for a gettable 319 for victory, Green lost an early wicket, then Feeney and Goff stroked the ball nicely in rebuilding to 104/1. From that good position, wickets fell far too regularly and the batsmen simply did not push on with starts. Ultimately Green perished for 255.

Cricket Web Black 1st Innings 275 all out
Cricket Web Green 1st Innings 179 all out
Cricket Web Black 2nd Innings 222 all out
Cricket Web Green 2nd Innings 255 all out
Cricket Web Black won by 63 runs.

Man of the Match: BC Cunningham

Attachments

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
hows the form!
great win from blue, we are back on track now, i still think Cloete needs to get some runs, but if we keep playing like this, we can carry him for a bit longer still ;)

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
Great work Simon and Travis. Looks like we have both the form bowler and form batsman of the dev league in the side now, and that's three FC wins in a row. If we keep this up we'll be back in contention for a final spot in no time.

Not a great game from me, but four wickets isn't too bad.

masterblaster

International Captain
Well played Blacks! Good to see mostly everyone performing. I'm pleased with my bowling efforts so far and was happy to pick up another 8 wickets for the match.

Lets keep the ball rolling, we can take out the FC trophy.

cbuts

International Debutant
ncie to see the hangovers didnt effect anyones cricket to badly! :D :p great way to start the second half of the season. keep it up boys

dinu23

International Debutant
well played guys. well batted Simon. what did u eat in the morning of the match?! and super bowling Travis, keep up the good work.

Cloete

International Captain
broncoman said:
hows the form!
great win from blue, we are back on track now, i still think Cloete needs to get some runs, but if we keep playing like this, we can carry him for a bit longer still ;)
Well done Simon! :)

If you keep doing that I can continue my **** poor form.

Great win Blue.. awesome to have such a compreehensive win like that, let's make sure we win the next one and bring ourselves more and more out of our slump.