• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

CW Battrick Cup, season ten

Dead Badger

State 12th Man
The final is under way. I won the toss and put in Asterix, so it'll at least last until midday. Heh, Oleary just took out Howland. I think that takes the total BTR of batsmen he's dismissed this week to somewhere in the 600,000 range.

Adamc

Cricketer Of The Year
Fairly mediocre start, should be tough chasing much over 200 in these conditions though.

Dead Badger

State 12th Man
Would be pleased to get 150 against your bowling, to be honest.

Edit: and Jebus, how long does your batting go on for? Three down and I still haven't found a batsman worse than my best. :)

Oop, four down. Gill having an absolutely storming match with figures of 5-0-7-2.

Last edited:

Adamc

Cricketer Of The Year
Edit: and Jebus, how long does your batting go on for? Three down and I still haven't found a batsman worse than my best. :)
Getting towards the end of it, Whybrew is only superb and Wilde is near-remarkable but has poor fitness so is batting lower than usual.

Pretty much relying on Foster now. Howland and Watkins have been pretty atrocious of late given their skill level.

Dead Badger

State 12th Man
Bowled out Asterix for under 200:

End of Over 44: 195-10, runrate=4.43
Piercy 9-1-30-3
Dissanayake* 0 (3 balls)

If I get to within 100 of that, I'll be amazed.

Dead Badger

State 12th Man
Just how long is Oleary going to hang around for? Weird. Still, gets me within 100 runs, so I'm more than happy. I'm off out now, so congrats in advance for another inevitable victory. :)

Edit: ah, there he goes. About time, too.

Adamc

Cricketer Of The Year
Cheers. Was a bit close for comfort really, figured I'd be able to keep you below 200 in these conditions but wasn't counting on my batsmen collapsing like that. A bit more support for Bromby and you might have won it.

nibbs

International Captain
Code:
       Winner                Runner up         Semi Finalists
Cup I    Boggles               Whenuapai CC      Anchormen, Scaly Piscine
Cup II   Whenuapai CC          Asterix XI        Anchormen, Boggles
Cup III  Asterix XI            Scaly Piscine CC  Whenuapai CC, Citizens Erased
Cup IV   Withington Wonderers  Whenuapai CC      Scaly Piscine, College Dropouts
Cup V    Whenuapai CC          Scaly Piscine CC  Asterix XI, Anchormen
Cup VI   Asterix XI            Scaly Piscine CC  Withington Wonderers, Cymru Gurgitaters
Cup VII  Scaly Piscine CC      Jaffna Jets       Jamees 999ers, Magical Ponies
Cup VIII Asterix XI            Four Pillars      Dynamo Morpork, Magical PoniesCode:
Cup IX   Asterix XI            Beard XI          Central Districts, Four Pillars
Code:
                      W  RU SF QF
Asterix XI            4  1  1  2
Whenuapai CC          2  2  1  2
Scaly Piscine         1  3  2  0
Withington Wonderers  1  0  1  2
Boggles               1  0  1  1
Four Pillars & Poor   0  1  1  1
Jaffna Jets           0  1  0  0
Beard XI              0  1  0  0
Anchormen             0  0  3  1
Magical Ponies        0  0  2  0
College Dropouts      0  0  1  4
Cymru Gurgitaters     0  0  1  2
Jamees 999ers         0  0  1  2
Citizens Erased       0  0  1  2
Dynamo Morpork        0  0  1  1
Central Districts     0  0  1  1
VCC                   0  0  0  3
Dalmeny CC            0  0  0  2
AA for President      0  0  0  2
Bushpigs              0  0  0  2
Lancashire            0  0  0  2
Vindscreen Vipers     0  0  0  1
Viveash               0  0  0  1
Got Spin              0  0  0  1
Pup                   0  0  0  1
The Asterix dynasty finally coming to life. The question that now lingers is whether there will be a Cricketweb Cup next season.