• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Odd dismissals

pup11

International Coach
I saw a really odd dismissal a few months ago which took place with one of my team-mate, it so happened that my mate was running between the wickets and the opposition fielder throwed the ball from mid-wicket and it was a poor throw which was nowhere near the stumps, but the throw deflected of my team-mate's outstreched bat and hit the stumps directly before he could make his ground.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
I remember Russel Arnold catching one England batsman on our tour to Sri Lanka in 2000-01 when, while fielding at short leg, the ball was hit straight up his shirt and got stuck. Details are sketchy in my mind though.
It was Trescothick, the bowler being one-Test-wonder Dinuk Hettiarachchi. I remember it well indeed.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Wasnt it Chris Read who got out ducking a yorker? Pretty funny one that
I know Thorpe did that once. :happy:
Yeah, they both did - what everyone forgets is that Thorpe almost did it twice. Cairns' slower-ball-Yorker deceived many England batsmen that summer of 1999, Read most spectacularly at Lord's, but Thorpe also. Then Courtney Walsh repeated the trick the following year in Thorpe's comeback Test.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Match Fixing. You see how the batsman looks at the umpire and he is given out.
Well that's certainly what all the comments seemed to imply (not that they neccessarily mean much).

I don't understand how this never got any publicity? :blink: I mean, that's seriously WTFish, but... wouldn't you expect something that patently awful to have some sort of fuss made over it?