• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The Golf Thread

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
This looks too easy for a major. Having said that, we do have a pretty solid leaderboard. Rahm, Aberg, Fitzpatrick gone but other big names make it. DeChambeau in contention again, Koepka lurking. I think unless he has a lights-out performance this weekend, Rory is going to continue his search for that elusive 5th major elsewhere.

Last edited:

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Rory & Koepka left a lot of shots out there

Rory missed a number of short putts coming in while Brooks was 0/5 from putts between 3 & 6 feet and hit one out of bounds on a par 5

social

This looks too easy for a major. Having said that, we do have a pretty solid leaderboard. Rahm, Aberg, Fitzpatrick gone but other big names make it. DeChambeau in the mix again, Koepka lurking. I think unless he has a lights-out performance this weekend, Rory is going to continue his search for that elusive 5th major elsewhere.
Yeah it’s just really long but most holes aren’t particularly complicated

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
Rory & Koepka left a lot of shots out there

Rory missed a number of short putts coming in while Brooks was 0/5 from putts between 3 & 6 feet and hit one out of bounds on a par 5
The difference is Koepka still made enough birdies to stay in the mix, Rory didn't and that double bogey on 12 just killed his round...that said, if he has a spectacular Saturday, he could be back in it...

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
Scheffler has a rare over par round. Koepka tumbles down the leaderboard. Rory doesn’t do enough on moving day but here comes Lowry and Rose! We still have a group of terrific players in contention, should be an exciting Sunday!

In other news, Korda with yet another 54 hole lead!

Last edited:

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
Between Schauffele, DeChambeau and Hovland I believe...elite ball striking and mediocre putting from Morikawa...good final round from Scheffler, possibly another top 10...

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
Well done Xander! Finally closed the deal on the big stage! Korda with her 6th title in 7 tournaments!

Last edited:

Molehill

International Captain
Well if I was going to miss a Major, glad it was this one. Sounds like the course had no real jeopardy at all and played as the easiest PGA ever (by a long margin). Soft courses just turn it into birdie fests and don't separate the field. I guess it gave lots of guys chances, but was it really any different to the average PGA event? Once again it was left to DeChambeau to represent LIV, the only guy who seems to have become more likeable off the back of the Tour.

Thanks for coming Talor......

social

The Scheffler court case is making the Louisville authorities look so bad

Do they really want to throw him in jail?

social

Well if I was going to miss a Major, glad it was this one. Sounds like the course had no real jeopardy at all and played as the easiest PGA ever (by a long margin). Soft courses just turn it into birdie fests and don't separate the field. I guess it gave lots of guys chances, but was it really any different to the average PGA event? Once again it was left to DeChambeau to represent LIV, the only guy who seems to have become more likeable off the back of the Tour.

Thanks for coming Talor......
PGA Tour has been unlucky with the weather this year as several tournaments have been disrupted by weather & courses badly affected by it

Valhalla was soft and there for the taking while the fairways on this week’s course haven’t recovered from the rain

social

Greg Chalmers leading the Senior PGA

Good pro who is one of the most entertaining follows on social media so will be great to see him hold on

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
Yeah the guy was just getting his life back on the tracks...very sad. In other news, a ho-hum runner-up finish for Scheffler this week.

Molehill

International Captain
Desperately sad news about Grayson Murray. It's hard to comprehend a guy walking off the 16th with 2 to play, heading to his hotel room and taking his own life. He was a divisive figure early in his career, but much of that was probably caused by his personal issues which we would eventually find out about.

This is a superbly written piece by an alcoholic golf correspondent who knew Murray well.
Just For Today (5clubsgolf.com)

Molehill

International Captain
Greg Chalmers leading the Senior PGA

Good pro who is one of the most entertaining follows on social media so will be great to see him hold on
Ended up being a very good day for S*uthampton fan and LIV Golfer Richard Bland (a wanker on so many levels).