• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*OFFICIAL* England in Pakistan 2024

Starfighter

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Pakistan attack doesn't look bad on paper.
Thats' been the case for quite a while, but ultimately it's the results on the pitch which count. In any case Pakistan's poor fielding and cowardly batting is more than enough to outweigh any quality in their bowling. IMO for Shaheen to get his act together he'd need a complete break for say, six months so his knee is completely problem free.

Also if the pitch is a quarter as grassy as it was when first uncovered it'll probably take Abrar out of the game.

Last edited:

GirthQuake

School Boy/Girl Captain
Also if the pitch is a quarter as grassy as it was when first uncovered it'll probably take Abrar out of the game.
If the pitch stays as green as it was first uncovered even then spinners won't be taken out of the game. Grass on subcontinental pitches are mostly to ensure it doesn't break up on the first two days itself.

BazBall21

International Vice-Captain
Damning yes, but predictable, also yes.
I have backed England but I wouldn't be amazed if we suffer a disaster. A lot rests on Atkinson with the ball. Pope is a major downgrade on Stokes as captain too. Stokes hopefully back in the next two but his bowling is a loss in Asia especially when the attack has such a lack of credentials.

Silver Silva

International Regular
It would be damning if Pakistan can't win a series against this England attack at home.
I think that viewpoint was achieved in the last series , 3 years at home without a Test win is already disgraceful for such a proud test team like Pakistan , I don't understand how Masood has kept the captaincy after such a result

Starfighter

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I have backed England but I wouldn't be amazed if we suffer a disaster. A lot rests on Atkinson with the ball. Pope is a major downgrade on Stokes as captain too. Stokes hopefully back in the next two but his bowling is a loss in Asia especially when the attack has such a lack of credentials.
Firstly, McCullum seems to be great at getting sufficient performances out of an on-paper mediocre lot. Secondly, Pakistan is made of absolute jelly, with a deeply chaotic backroom and lead by someone who obviously doesn't deserve to be there.

BazBall21

I think that viewpoint was achieved in the last series , 3 years at home without a Test win is already disgraceful for such a proud test team like Pakistan , I don't understand how Masood has kept the captaincy after such a result
England had a good attack last time. It would be much worse if Pakistan lose this series.

BazBall21

Firstly, McCullum seems to be great at getting sufficient performances out of an on-paper mediocre lot. Secondly, Pakistan is made of absolute jelly, with a deeply chaotic backroom and lead by someone who obviously doesn't deserve to be there.
Yeah, I have backed England. But in terms of the regime, Stokes captaincy is a big loss in the first test.

Nintendo

Cricketer Of The Year
Reckon babar will make a bucket load of runs this series. Played in the domestic list-A comp before this series and from what i saw looks like he's fixed his technical flaws,looked like 2022 babar again.

BazBall21

Reckon babar will make a bucket load of runs this series. Played in the domestic list-A comp before this series and from what i saw looks like he's fixed his technical flaws,looked like 2022 babar again.
Something's got to give.