• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Australia limited overs tour of Scotland and England 2024

King Kane

International Debutant
Do you know if they did it when any other teams toured? The only time they did it against England was the 1994/95 season that I posted.
No that was the only time they tried that and like I said it backfired when Aussie crowds were barracking for the Australia A team instead of Australia.

Australia A had a batting line up that was arguably better than Australia's batting line up then with batsmen like Hayden, Langer. Ponting and Martyn.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Lower order have done fairly well in fairness. But when you’re **** all for 5 then you need better than fairly well

Jos a big miss in this side.

King Kane

International Debutant
Not great batting from Stone but the English top order batsmen were more to blame, for that loss, only Duckett and Smith stood up to be counted.

LangleyburyCCPlayer

U19 Vice-Captain
Not great batting from Stone but the English top order batsmen were more to blame, for that loss, only Duckett and Smith stood up to be counted.
Duckett got a pretty little 30 then got out, would hardly call that standing up! Smith got to 49, perhaps got out cheaply, but by then he was batting with the tail and maybe thought he needed to get things done sooner rather than later to give England any chance

Pup Clarke

Cricketer Of The Year
Brook just doesn't give me captaincy vibes sorry. Maybe they're trying to groom him like Markram, where's he's thrown in as an interim with a few to a permanent gig in a few years.

Don't know though

Reactions: FBU

Qlder

International Debutant
No that was the only time they tried that and like I said it backfired when Aussie crowds were barracking for the Australia A team instead of Australia.

Australia A had a batting line up that was arguably better than Australia's batting line up then with batsmen like Hayden, Langer. Ponting and Martyn.
And Australia cheated by picking Australia A best bowler Paul Reiffel just so they could make him 12th man in the finals and not have to face him

Pup Clarke

Cricketer Of The Year
And I know this aint going to happen, but honestly Liam Dawson would be such a valuable asset for this team

Different role from Livingstone, but think he'd be an excellent foil to Rashid with the ball and as a more than useful no.8 with the bat

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Australia and Australia A which was their next best ODI team, they ended up playing against each other in the finals of that ODI series.

They did it because they didn't think England or Zimbabwe would be competitive enough but it backfired when people supported the Australia A team.
They also switched over the main bowler from the A side to the main side before the finals. Else they would have lost to Australia A for sure. :laugh: