• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** England vs Sri Lanka 21st August-10th September 2024

Chin Music

State Vice-Captain
Well that was fun while it lasted from Lawrence, but I hope that the next time England are looking for an opener, they find someone more complete than Lawrence.

BigBeefy

Cricket Spectator
Fairly wreckless way of getting out from Lawrence there. England just need one good partnership and the lead would become 200+ which with the tail wagging should become a solid lead.

However, we’re now two away from the tail already!!

Had the whiff of an innings DL knew might be his last, so he didn’t leave wondering by prodding at one!

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
Fairly wreckless way of getting out from Lawrence there. England just need one good partnership and the lead would become 200+ which with the tail wagging should become a solid lead.

However, we’re now two away from the tail already!!

Had the whiff of an innings DL knew might be his last, so he didn’t leave wondering by prodding at one!
I have to smile at the frustrated response to getting out after an innings and a shot like that. What did you think was likely to happen Dan?

Howe_zat

Audio File
I like the notion of going past Chanderpaul and Lara in successive matches against the West Indies before going past Sangakkara against Sri Lanka.
The madlad went and did it.

Assuming he doesn't miss any tests this year, he needs 888 more runs in the next 7-11 tests to overtake Dravid against India.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
The madlad went and did it.

Assuming he doesn't miss any tests this year, he needs 888 more runs in the next 7-11 tests to overtake Dravid against India.
Glad you went and found your own post as I was about to go looking for it