• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

English Domestic Season 2024

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Rocky Flintoff looks a fine prospect for Lancashire. Getting into the side at the age of 16 is impressive, it's very rare that this happens
I was at his pro debut a few weeks back in the One Day cup. He didn’t bat long but when he stood at non strikers end leaning on his bat, it was so reminiscent of his old man. Hopefully I’ll get to another couple of Lancs games before the season is out where he’s playing. It’s no secret who my favourite ever cricketer is, so as old as this makes me feel, I’m buzzing to see if Rocky lives up to his early promise.

chris.hinton

International Captain
I was at his pro debut a few weeks back in the One Day cup. He didn’t bat long but when he stood at non strikers end leaning on his bat, it was so reminiscent of his old man. Hopefully I’ll get to another couple of Lancs games before the season is out where he’s playing. It’s no secret who my favourite ever cricketer is, so as old as this makes me feel, I’m buzzing to see if Rocky lives up to his early promise.
I can't see him leaving Lancashire so he should be the mainstay for a while yet

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Yeah but what does this have to do with Geraint Jones?

Third_Man

State 12th Man
Yeah, I woudn't be thrilled about Iyer's performance if I was a Lancashire supporter.
Doubt he will play next game. Rather play an extra spinner in Barnard at OT. Have to smile when the Surrey commentators claim that "every [Lancashire] seamer have put in a shift today" on the second daty. Yet Iyer did not bowl all day. Better to bowl (very part time spin option of) Bohannon for his first championship bowl since 2021.
They try and make a point that Lancshire average 25, but only 5 players aged over 25 and one seems not to participating either as a batsman or a bowler.

Third_Man

State 12th Man
I can't see him leaving Lancashire so he should be the mainstay for a while yet
already played club cricket for Alderley Edge (to 2021) then St Annes (2021-22) and then Southport & Birkdale (2023-24) before he was 15. If there is a sustained few years for Lancs in Division 2 who knows.

kevinw

International 12th Man
Kent of course won't win but Muyeye getting a double hundred is excellent news.....for Essex or Surrey at the end of the season.

chris.hinton

International Captain
Results

Division 1

Surrey beat Lancashire by an Innings and 63 runs
Durham beat Nottinghamshire by an innings and 17 runs
Warwickshire draw with Somerset
Essex draw with Hampshire
Worcestershire beat Kent by 8 wickets

Division 2

Leicestershire draw with Gloucestershire
Middlesex beat Northamptonshire by 8 wickets
Yorkshire beat Sussex by 8 wickets
Derbyshire beat Glamorgan by 10 wickets

chris.hinton

International Captain
Tables

Division 1

1. Surrey 180
2. Somerset 145
3. Essex 142
4. Hampshire 134
5. Durham 126
6. Worcestershire 114
7. Warwickshire 109
8. Nottinghamshire 104
====================
9. Lancashire 103
10. Kent 69

Division 2

1. Sussex 153
2. Middlesex 147
================
3. Yorkshire 144
4. Leicestershire 128
5. Gloucestershire 119
6. Glamorgan 111
7. Derbyshire 101
8. Northamptonshire 100

chris.hinton

International Captain
County Championship (Thursdays Fixtures)

Division 1

Somerset vs Durham
Warwickshire vs Kent
Essex vs Worcestershire
Lancashire vs Hampshire
Nottinghamshire vs Surrey

Division 2

Glamorgan vs Leicestershire
Yorkshire vs Middlesex
Sussex vs Derbyshire
Gloucestershire vs Northamptonshire

FBU

International Debutant
Was looking at the Lancs team last time for the Blast
Salt Wells Jennings Livingstone Hurst Dockrell Croft Green Hartley Wood Mahmood. 6 spin and 2 fast bowlers.. no wonder we lost to N'hants. Breetzke 76 (29). I suppose Buttler will come in for Green.