• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** England vs Sri Lanka 21st August-10th September 2024

quincywagstaff

International Debutant
one of the most frustrating things in modern day cricket is the lack of a third man and batsmen getting a four from a defensive or edged shot

take out one of the fielders in front of the wicket and if he hits a good shot through that gap, then so be it but there’s been at least four edged shots down to 3rd and instead of four runs they have scored 16

rewarding poor play
Just as I read this... another edge to 3rd man for a boundary!

LangleyburyCCPlayer

U19 Vice-Captain
Can see why Mathews would have wanted to review his dismissal, but that was poor, and now they’re out of reviews. Generally when they leave it to the last second, it doesn’t scream confidence!

mackembhoy

International Debutant
Potts is exactly the type of medium fast seamer you can hit out against and disrupt their length. A bit like how England targeted Southee when NZ toured a couple of years ago when they could tell he was down on pace a bit.

It's unlikely to be as effective given that England are playing five bowlers here, but it's a good observation.
He's also been the worst version of Potts i've seen this season.

Not really sure he was worth a recall. I'd have picked Stone seeing as he opens the bowling now.

CartyDurham

International Captain
Four around the bat on day one and a spinner on

usual field on a day five

good shot by kamindu there though .

CartyDurham

International Captain
He's also been the worst version of Potts i've seen this season.

Not really sure he was worth a recall. I'd have picked Stone seeing as he opens the bowling now.
Wrong line and length from matty today so far . There was an interesting third man discussion where it showed the angle of approach by Broad around the wicket and Potts was the opposite of broads foot placement and angle

80 for 5 Lunch

CartyDurham

International Captain
Live I thought it had struck him outside the line. But yuk, a Test wicket should not be doing that on any day let alone the first morning.
I thought at best for him, umpires call but Reiffel giving him out , even that wouldn’t have saved him