• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* England in India 2023/24 #CryMoreTour

Ashes81

State Vice-Captain
What a strange old day of cricket - utterly absorbing.

I'm not sure which side has had the better day. The pitch did alot early on, the ball to Stokes was ridiculous.

As the day went on, and the ball got softer, it was easier but still not easy to bat on.

It may be a pitch where the new ball is particularly vital as the pitch seems pretty slow and once the ball goes soft, the movement and variable bounce becomes less of an issue.

Brilliant knock from Root and great bowling on debut from Deep.

The old saying of never judging a pitch until both sides have batted is truer than ever in this test.

Molehill

International Captain
Sounds like a hell of an innings, looking forward to catching up on it
To be honest, it's not exactly full of highlights. Just your typical old style Root knock as he nudges, nurdles and occasionally finds the boundary. But other than his first ball, I don't think he ever looked like getting out.

slowfinger

International Debutant
You are Gold, gold
Always believe in Ben Foaaaaakes
You got the power to know
You’re indestructibleee
Always believe itttt

Molehill

International Captain
BBC are saying it’s England’s day Cricbuzz are saying it’s India’s pretty much sums things up.
And no @Adders i won’t send you a link you can ****ing well do the research yourself! #onon
Yep, really tough one to call. I wouldn't be surprised if India end up with a First Innings lead, but then I wouldn't want to be batting last on this. Suspect it could turn into a minefield when those cracks open up.

danzydab

U19 Debutant
bairstow should've also stayed in. india would've been buried .

the 4th innings pitch should be a minefield, england definitely have the advantage

Manee

Cricketer Of The Year
Yep, really tough one to call. I wouldn't be surprised if India end up with a First Innings lead, but then I wouldn't want to be batting last on this. Suspect it could turn into a minefield when those cracks open up.
Yes. Advantage England but this pitch is clearly hugely unpredictable. If England get 450 they can put this game to bed.

slowfinger

International Debutant
so how does Baz sum all of this up with his “ethos”?

is Bazball really about all out attack or

can Bazball be about sticking to your guns?

Foakes ‘ strength - slow calm innings - wasn’t rushed today and paid dividends

Root’s strength - Being busy at the crease - did that today scored a ton

I think the evolution of Bazball is to get the best out of each player rather than to fit everyone into one mould of player

Nintendo

Cricketer Of The Year
Him, Duckett and Bairstow really have to play one way and that is to attack. They all seem to have been freed up until now over the last couple of years although the latter has barely shown up this series. It should be said though, that Bairstow has a fairly horrible record in Asia, proper shotplay or otherwise. It is more frustrating when the likes of Pope, Root and Stokes get out early going for the 'funky' shots because you know that they can play properly, whereas the first three I think need to play their own way.
Pope looked like Chris Martin when facing decent spin before this series and in the 1st test played one of the ATG test innings against two of the best spinners in the world on their home turf by playing funky shots. Pope was ramping rabada for six in tests before bazball, he's always been at his best playing funky shots.

Nintendo

Cricketer Of The Year
so how does Baz sum all of this up with his “ethos”?

is Bazball really about all out attack or

can Bazball be about sticking to your guns?

Foakes ‘ strength - slow calm innings - wasn’t rushed today and paid dividends

Root’s strength - Being busy at the crease - did that today scored a ton

I think the evolution of Bazball is to get the best out of each player rather than to fit everyone into one mould of player
Foakes's strike rate didn't change under bazball at all, they've never tried to force him into playing an aggressive role in the first place.

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Shouldn’t have taken 4 games for Robinson to have a go. Though I can understand not wanting two fast bowlers with terrible hair in the same team.