• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* England in India 2023/24 #CryMoreTour

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
I think some folks have forgotten how our more traditional approach went on the previous two tours, even recognising how abysmally we batted this morning. And the current management aren't responsible for the standard of English spinners coming through our domestic system, especially if it's true that Dawson preferred not to tour.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
If England don’t take three this next hour the game is probably up, which is pretty embarrassing given India’s best spinner is out of the game

Daemon

Anderson dying his hair like a 90s boy band member at his age is ****ing tragic.

Like the bloke who runs a spin class I do who’s in his mid-late 40s and has a play list of contemporary “hi-NRG dance tracks”, that hair cut is a tragic manchild midlife crisis.

God, people do **** things to themselves on long cricket tours. His grandkids need to have a word with him.
Think he’s copying ollie robinson

mackembhoy

International Debutant
Yeah I think that 4th innings at Hyderabad was a one off and we're very much finding the level of this attack.
They are back in the field in 36 degree heat after they bowled 130 overs and got 70 overs break.

Think a mixture of the best bowlers ever would struggle in such a scenario on this wicket and beginning with an 100+ deficit.

Burgey

Pretty
Excellent
Performance
Trying
Intimidating bowling on tbis
Dirge.
Extraordinary
Stamina

and strength from Mark Wood given his advanced age and all

Andyhere

International 12th Man
Attacking players have been taking down tired bowling attacks in 2nd and 3rd innings for as long as I've been watching test cricket.
How are bowling attacks tired in 2nd innings? As far as I've been watching test cricket, 2nd innings is the first time one team bats and the other team bowls.

Jaiswal hasn't attacked arrogantly like England he showed a mix of proper grinding and aggression.

Burgey

How are bowling attacks tired in 2nd innings? As far as I've been watching test cricket, 2nd innings is the first time one team bats and the other team bowls.

Jaiswal hasn't attacked arrogantly like England he showed a mix of proper grinding and aggression.
Well England are three tests into a tour of a fetid, hot country they’d probably rather not touch with a barge pole, and spent most of the first two days in the field before not batting very long themselves. Why wouldn’t they be tired?

Edit: took out “horrible”. These things are subjective I suppose

Andyhere

International 12th Man
If England don’t take three this next hour the game is probably up, which is pretty embarrassing given India’s best spinner is out of the game
You don't need a best spinner to get destroyed when you have a self destruction tool - Arrogance