• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* England in India 2023/24 #CryMoreTour

Spark

Global Moderator
Man I’m going to bust a celebratory nut if India don’t pick Pujara to tour here next summer
Seriously. If he'd fallen off a cliff then okay sure but if he's still scoring runs in Ranji then he's a no brainer for that tour

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I reckon there’s going to be an extra half hour claimed tonight, it I have no idea by which side. So that makes it a good test I suppose

Gnske

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Is Hartley the greatest spinner to have played for England this year?

Someone start a thread

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Man, you're writing off Pujara too soon. He has performed in Ranji, what more do you want him to do? And as I said, on such conditions, umpires themselves could very well give a lbw, which also has much chances of being wrong.
No, those umpires are old fashioned too and they tend to think bat slightly behind pad is still playing a shot. DRS wont.

Anyways the point is not that Pujara should not be picked. You can always pick him as a stop gap for this series and worry about the next away series when it happens. But, to me, he has the same issues our other righties have against spin and he does not have the game of a Rohit to go much beyond. He may last quite a few balls more but without a Pant type aggressor around, even that may not be that effective.

Wont mind Pattidar playing the next test, though I feel I will give Gill one more game as he has only played few games at #3 now.

Gnske

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Hold on to your seats everyone, Shreyas will take responsibility for getting India home

Socerer 01

International Captain
lol why is there a discussion around Pujara again

we had the same dance the last time he was dropped for just one match after which he came back and continued being poor again