• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* England in India 2023/24 #CryMoreTour

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Wait why is Axar batting five? What's the thinking there?
Commentators keep talking about having a left/right partnership but surely promoting Jadeja would make more sense for that.

I thought he might be going in to counter attack but that doesn't seem to be true either.

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
This innings is going nowhere. Really needed Rohit to play a big knock. We have no good counter attackers after the openers.

Spark

Global Moderator
Commentators keep talking about having a left/right partnership but surely promoting Jadeja would make more sense for that.

I thought he might be going in to counter attack but that doesn't seem to be true either.
Also like who cares about a left/right partnership when two spinners turning it opposite ways are bowling.

OverratedSanity

Axar is better against spin. They promoted axar in a Test against Bangladesh last year too and it didn't work.

Burgey

I don’t know why he doesn’t just drop kick Hartley over wide long on tbh

He surely can’t have been promoted to scratch out 5(19)

Burgey

Also can someone have a word to Mark Wood about running down the middle of the deck from around the wicket in his last over.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
I see there is already chat about getting Pujara in at 3 for Gill for the next few tests.

One thing people forget, and I love Che Pu, is the fact that he can get away with a lot in non DRS games. And almost all Ranji games dont have DRS. Its another factor you gotta consider when trying to contextualize Ranji performances. He can be a sitting duck to spinners when there is DRS around. Would still give Gill the next test but guy has to tighten up fast and figure out how he wants to bat and also buy in to any team strategy there maybe. He inadvertently cost us at least 1 wicket because of the way he batted IMO.

OverratedSanity

I see there is already chat about getting Pujara in at 3 for Gill for the next few tests.

One thing people forget, and I love Che Pu, is the fact that he can get away with a lot in non DRS games. And almost all Ranji games dont have DRS. Its another factor you gotta consider when trying to contextualize Ranji performances. He can be a sitting duck to spinners when there is DRS around. Would still give Gill the next test but guy has to tighten up fast and figure out how he wants to bat and also buy in to any team strategy there maybe. He inadvertently cost us at least 1 wicket because of the way he batted IMO.
Gill has been averaging in the 20s for ages. He's has enough chances imo.

capt_Luffy

International Vice-Captain

I would disagree totally. Man umpires are still around, it's not like pre DRS every batsman was a spin lord.... Also, without DRS as many decisions can go against as in favour of a batsman.

Gnske

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
If only Sarfaraz didn't have a huge belly, this whole fiasco of India's batting could be resolved.

Gnske

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
As the last game has shown, still plenty of time for this to go wrong.

Put Jadeja in next to really drive the tyre iron down the bladder orifice

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
Not sure about the decision to even bring Rehan along for this tour. India is a place where even great leggies go to die.