• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** West Indies tour of Australia, Jan–Feb 2024

morgieb

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Time to give Haze his flowers? Better than Gillespie and McDermott for me. Probably McKenzie too.
His home record is legitimately outstanding especially when so much of his career was in the peak Aussie roads here. But other than one Ashes I'm not sure he's had a great away series.

quincywagstaff

International Debutant
His home record is legitimately outstanding especially when so much of his career was in the peak Aussie roads here. But other than one Ashes I'm not sure he's had a great away series.
That can be attributed to this bowling group as a whole. Absolutely lethal at home but disappointing amount of series won away from home.

Calm_profit

State Vice-Captain
His record in England is quite good but not memorable like Starc and Cummins.

quincywagstaff

International Debutant
By the end of this series I think Cummins home win record as captain will be better than Steve Waugh's after same amount of matches; never thought that would be surpassed.

Calm_profit

State Vice-Captain
Since when does Starc have a good record in England? They're both pretty meh away from home.
Cummins had a terrific 2019 ashes(got overshadowed by Smith scoring runs) , Starc was the leading wicket taker and player of the series on the last ashes.

Kirkut

International Regular
I don't think he's better than Gillespie brother , Gillespie would have destroyed these joke batting line ups today , much easier to get Athanaze out than Brian Lara
You're criminally underrating Haze. On his day, he's the most metronomic bowler ever.

Bahseph

International Debutant
First look at some of these new Windies batters and Hodge looks below par. McKenzie has a bit about him, there could be something there.

Silver Silva

International Debutant
You're criminally underrating Haze. On his day, he's the most metronomic bowler ever.
How brother? All I said is Gillespie would destroy batting line ups like this and that its harder to bowl to Lara than Athanaze ..
I don't think that's unreasonable, I didn't say Hazlewood is not good, we have to look at some of these batting line ups and take records with the pinch of salt sometimes..

How many teams have better batting units in Hazlewood's Era compared to Gillespie's Era, bear in mind that 2000's was a great time to be a batsman .

Gob

International Coach
He's in decline , age has caught up to him ..
It happened to Ponting as well he had an average similar to Smith at 100 Tests and then just tailed off a bit, still good enough to make this Australian test team but I think the days of him being a run machine are over.
Well is averaging close to 50 for the past two years and not that long ago making WTC final hundreds.

But yes there is a decline and its not very prudent to decide to open when that's the case. He could have easily averaged in the mid 40s for 2 more years at 4. Not sure what it would be opening

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Well is averaging close to 50 for the past two years and not that long ago making WTC final hundreds.

But yes there is a decline and its not very prudent to decide to open when that's the case. He could have easily averaged in the mid 40s for 2 more years at 4. Not sure what it would be opening
He wants a challenge. Well, I've got a challenge for him.

MAKE SOME RUNS, ****!