• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

What will Pat Cummins’ legacy be?

Flem274*

123/5
Qlder reminding me I forgot to add bonus points for Cumdawg being a climate warrior.

Seriously, can't underestimate how important it is to have the dangerously good looking superstars putting the boot in. It's easy for the powers that be to ignore policy and science nerds out of the public eye. Less so when the captain of Australia puts the boot in on telly.

Cummins > McGrath, Marshall and Hadlee combined.

howitzer

State Captain
Tier 1: McGrath Hadlee Marshall
Tier 2: Steyn Ambrose Imran
Tier 3: Wasim Lillee Donald
Tier 4: Lindwall Garner Trueman
Tier 5: Holding Waqar Davidson Cummins(so far)

Imo. So somewhere between 13-16.

Skipper Pup

U19 Vice-Captain
Tier 1: McGrath Hadlee Marshall
Tier 2: Steyn Ambrose Imran
Tier 3: Wasim Lillee Donald
Tier 4: Lindwall Garner Trueman
Tier 5: Holding Waqar Davidson Cummins(so far)

Imo. So somewhere between 13-16.
Are Broad and Anderson in Tier 6?

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
He's fine. Jason Gillespie sort of level.
Leadership gets him extra points though. I dont really see him as any top tier captain at the strategy and tactics stuff, but he does seem to be a good leader and also seems to pay the right amount of heed to the advise he gets from the coaching staff.

As a bowler, he has been very good, bordering on great. Depends on how long he can keep this up to see if he ends at the very good or great or ATG levels.

Calm_profit

State Vice-Captain
Has a good chance to improve his avg in Srilanka next year. BTW, is Srilanka allowed to play cricket since Zimbabwe touring there?

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
I thought it was obvious. Captain Woke costing his team $30 million in sponsorship because as Australian cricket captain he refused to do ads for the sponsor paying the $30 million....what am I missing?
I'm the policy director for a right-libertarian party so I don't like this **** either but it's definitely not going to be his legacy. When people look back at his contribution to cricket in the years to come they're gonna be thinking about his Test career, not the CA coffers.

ashley bach

Cricketer Of The Year
Are we discussing his captaincy though?
Not sure how much his captaincy credentials should go towards his overall legacy tbh
This was just a one off blooper not to be repeated that will hardly be remembered.

One thing that will be remembered however, at least to the members of cricweb.net was his reply during the Ashes regarding ''the incident"
To very casually, and with a cheeky smirk on his face respond ''OK''was pure gold.

capt_Luffy

International Captain
Bumrah just isn't as consistent. His quality varies wildly between not just games but within games. He'd have a case over Cummins if he was super destructive when he's rolling, but it's not the case.
I mean, Bumrah is pretty destructive when on rhythm.... I actually think peak of Cummins and Bumrah are pretty close.

shortpitched713

International Captain
I think an interesting question is how close to him Bumrah can go practically now?
More interested in Rabada, out of modern quicks, personally. I think he brings that little extra that Cummins can lack sometimes.

But South Africa just don't play enough ****ing Tests anymore, for Rabada to reasonably end up with the breadth of work for these all time comparisons. Even with very good fitness, I doubt he'll get to 100.