• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Australia in India 2023

SillyCowCorner1

Request Your Custom Title Now!
New Record alert,

STAT: Ishan Kishan’s five sixes today is a record by a designated wicketkeeper in T20Is for India, bettering Rishabh Pant’s four during his 65* off 42 against the West Indies at Providence, Guyana in 2019.

Just because my country, Guyana was mentioned.

Molehill

International Captain
And people thought the Indian back up seamers were rubbish....

As chases of over 200 go, this one has never really looked in doubt.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Its kinda sad that it had to cost a WC for the team mgmt to figure out that SKY is an exceptional T20 batter who is a rather limited LO batter. The biggest difference is there is usually no slip when you bat #4 in T20s but there is always a chance there can be 1 in ODIs even if you come in at 6.

Andyhere

International 12th Man
Its kinda sad that it had to cost a WC for the team mgmt to figure out that SKY is an exceptional T20 batter who is a rather limited LO batter. The biggest difference is there is usually no slip when you bat #4 in T20s but there is always a chance there can be 1 in ODIs even if you come in at 6.
He wasn't the reason India lost WC. He wouldn't have made XI had it not been for Pandya injury

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Slip is the difference? I think it's more to do with SKY not having to think too much when batting in T20s. He just needs to be on 1-2 gears as opposed to having a wider range in ODIs.

Arachnodouche

International Captain
Slip is the difference? I think it's more to do with SKY not having to think too much when batting in T20s. He just needs to be on 1-2 gears as opposed to having a wider range in ODIs.
He's no numbnut to be fair; you need to have incredible field awareness to play the strokes he does in T20s. But yeah, he's intuition over planning for sure and easy to sedate the longer a game goes on and the more protracted the field of possibilities becomes.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Nah he kept getting caught at slip a lot earlier when he was batting 4 or 5 as well. I am not saying its the only difference btw. but one of the things that makes an ODI different to a T20 from a batting PoV.

The thinking part maybe true though. Its easier to run on instinct for batters like SKY in a T20I when you cant let the game drift much. Maxwell is similar but he is also a bowler so it helps him to be able to bat 7 etc.