• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official***THE FINAL- India vs Australia - November 19th - Narendra Modi Stadium, Ahmedabad (D/N)

King Kane

International Debutant
Just one boundary for India since Rohit got out.

And there is another one from Sky, they are on a roll now.

Dissector

International Debutant
India has hung on in the middle overs but probably gone too slowly. The trick in the middle overs is to get 4 singles an over, some 2s and the occasional boundary. If batting conditions are OK that is very much possible without taking too much risk. In fact Dhoni and Gambhir provided a master class in doing this in the 2011 final while having the pressure of the chase.

Right now unless SKY produces a real special, India won't go much beyond 250-260 which is competitive but little more.

Gnske

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Yay good for him what a guy hitting a boundary, what a skilled cricketer SKY is. He may be the best cricket India has ever produced, he too good for tests. What a guy I hope everyone loves Yadav, he's so good at cricket he earns millions of dollars

Shri

Mr. Glass
big turn. we need to strike with new ball and with spin immediately after powerplay. if head and warner get off to a good start, game can still be dragged back. but if they get a great start the game is done in 10

cnerd123

likes this
final 10 overs. 83 runs would be a good result, but no one left after these two. If these two do bat all 10 without getting dismissed, we should be looking at more than just 83.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Even if india are only 200 by 40 overs, as long as wickets are in hand, I think that’s fine. Four an over for the next 20, if you have six wickets in hand, you can then aim for a 280. I don’t think 280 is enough here with the dew but it’s a defendable total.
Close. Wish one less wicket down. So I think hopefully 255-260 from here.

King Kane

International Debutant
big turn. we need to strike with new ball and with spin immediately after powerplay. if head and warner get off to a good start, game can still be dragged back. but if they get a great start the game is done in 10
The ball is turning a lot now, you could do with another spinner like Ashwin, he would also be handy coming in to bat next.

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Hopefully Iyer gets a concussion to his hamstring while bowling and we bring in Ashwin to carry on his 10 allotted overs

Shri

Mr. Glass
these players are far better informed about conditions

way they are batting as a team i feel like they are targeting a lower par score than we think, which might be enough