• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* New Zealand in Bangladesh 2023/24

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
So you're saying that Southee plays ahead of Henry
It wouldn't at all surprise me if Stead ends up picking Southee as the 2nd pace bowling option to Boult meaning we'll likely see Timmy once again stinking up the joint with the ball with his mediocre ODI bowling.

Shame as Milne and Ferguson would have been a great couple fighting it out for the 3rd seam option after Boult and Henry (should we play 3 seamers).

Athlai

Not Terrible
It wouldn't at all surprise me if Stead ends up picking Southee as the 2nd pace bowling option to Boult meaning we'll likely see Timmy once again stinking up the joint with the ball with his mediocre ODI bowling.

Shame as Milne and Ferguson would have been a great couple fighting it out for the 3rd seam option after Boult and Henry (should we play 3 seamers).
This is what I've been saying

Moss

International Vice-Captain
I think the Black Caps have also learned that Will Young can be relied upon in challenging conditions , I'm pretty sure you will get atleast a couple of pitches taking spin later as the tournament progresses ..
An opener that can lay a foundation will be crucial.
Well yes and no. He's been asked open because there's no ready replacement for Guptill (Allen clearly not up to it for now). Doesn't start quickly enough for a modern day opener, and doesn't convert his starts into large scores often enough to really make up for that either. There's also been enough discussion on this forum on how he is a candidate for lbw and nicking off early, so can expect a few low scores.

That said, he's made some pretty good contributions in this series and the one in Pakistan earlier in the year, and for a number 4 who's been moved up to open by default he's done fine.

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
Wagner must be injured, not playing for ND but did two weeks ago.

Two seamers in the squad, and one is Henry who has a hamstring tear. First Test is in 21 days. You'd have to think that's either a) not going to happen or b) isn't a good idea.

Given Rachin's prominence, does he make the XI?

Conway Latham Kane Mitchell Nicholls Rachin/Phillips Blundell Sodhi Henry/next seamer Southee?

Or play both Rachin and Phillips, gives you an extra spin option? Is Young ahead of Nipples? Are they trying to shoe-horn Santner in again? Real mixed bag in that squad.

Fuller Pilch

Hall of Fame Member
Wagner must be injured, not playing for ND but did two weeks ago.

Two seamers in the squad, and one is Henry who has a hamstring tear. First Test is in 21 days. You'd have to think that's either a) not going to happen or b) isn't a good idea.
3 seamers
Jamieson