• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official***Match #32 - New Zealand vs South Africa - November 1st - Pune (D/N)

King Kane

International Debutant
NZ is found wanting against top sides, lost to India, Aus and now SA.
They won against relatively easier teams.
We pushed both India and Australia pretty close, choosing to bowl first against Australia and South Africa hasn't helped either, played into their hands.

StephenZA

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Gerald Coetzee bowls some absolute dross at times , terribly wayward but so much raw potential..

He's gonna be a scary prospect when he marries his speed with consistency.
What I love about Coetzee is he is always looking for wickets... he loses control and goes for runs, but that intent and desire you can't teach.

Moss

International Vice-Captain
I really don't think it's just on him. Stead and Williamson would have had a big input. Poor decision and looked it from the start.
Yeah much as it’s easy to stick the boot into Latham, got to question the management over the decisions in the last two games.

thierry henry

International Coach
How has Latham played 150 ODIs?

Does his VC status make him a lock in this side, or will he **** off once Kane returns from the dead?
tbf I think for most of that time he’s been competing against other keeper/batsmen and, even if you’re not a big fan of his ODI batting, I think he’s undeniably been a better batsman than his competitors for that spot.

If there’s a compelling argument for dropping him it would be because Conway (or Phillips) can keep, but do we even know if this is an option that’s on the table?

Andyhere

International 12th Man
We pushed both India and Australia pretty close, choosing to bowl first against Australia and South Africa hasn't helped either, played into their hands.
Aus yes .. great game and job by Nz.

India were always in the control of the game, never once it felt like they put them under pressure while India was batting.

Neil Young

State Vice-Captain
tbf I think for most of that time he’s been competing against other keeper/batsmen and, even if you’re not a big fan of his ODI batting, I think he’s undeniably been a better batsman than his competitors for that spot.

If there’s a compelling argument for dropping him it would be because Conway (or Phillips) can keep, but do we even know if this is an option that’s on the table?
No point in dropping him in this WC. Definitely need to look further afield after that.

Mitchell, urgh.

Moss

International Vice-Captain
Well this looks like going the way of South Africa’s trouncing of England.

King Kane

International Debutant
Now Mitchell gone, that's game over if it wasn't already.

We just need to try and bat out the overs now and try to limit the NRR damage.

SillyCowCorner1

Request Your Custom Title Now!
South Africa in the last 8 ODIs batting first:

338/6 Vs Australia.
416/5 Vs Australia.
315/9 Vs Australia.
428/5 Vs Sri Lanka.
311/7 Vs Australia.
399/7 Vs England.
382/5 Vs Bangladesh.
357/4 Vs New Zealand.
They sure do love batting first against Australia.

Tom Flint

International Regular

338/6 Vs Australia.
416/5 Vs Australia.
315/9 Vs Australia.
428/5 Vs Sri Lanka.
311/7 Vs Australia.
399/7 Vs England.
382/5 Vs Bangladesh.
357/4 Vs New Zealand.
What's your point?

Andyhere

International 12th Man

338/6 Vs Australia.
416/5 Vs Australia.
315/9 Vs Australia.
428/5 Vs Sri Lanka.
311/7 Vs Australia.
399/7 Vs England.
382/5 Vs Bangladesh.
357/4 Vs New Zealand.
May be the idiot Tommy didn't see the recent history

centurymaker

Cricketer Of The Year
Daryl Mitchell what an idiot!! Does he have no idea that NRR is critical at this stage

Accept defeat and play for the bigger picture.