• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official***Match #27- Australia vs New Zealand - October 28th-Dharamsala (D)

King Kane

International Debutant
Didn't look like it aroind the 15 over mark but Nzl had the better of the game since then. They come away from this game with quite a bit of credit and confidence.
I think we have the psychological advantage over them now, the Aussies had one of the best opening stands of all time and we still nearly beat them.

They can't count on an opening stand like that every game, take that opening stand away and it was a pretty ordinary batting performance from them.

HouHsiaoHsien

International Debutant
I think we have the psychological advantage over them now, the Aussies had one of the best opening stands of all time and we still nearly beat them.

They can't count on an opening stand like that every game, take that opening stand away and it was a pretty ordinary batting performance from them.
Agreed their batting outside openers and Maxwell, and bowling outside spinners is very mediocre

Spofforth

School Boy/Girl Captain
Not sure why this would give the kiwis any confidence. I doubt losing does much for confidence building in general, but especially losing close ones.
Always the bridesmaid, as the saying goes.

This Aus team has a terribly out of form middle order carried by the openers, the tail also folded like a cheap suit. One of their main bowlers had what was probably a wc career low performance. Yet they still won. I can actually see this team losing to Afghanistan if one of their few in form batsmen fails.

You can pick yourself up after a loss where you're well beaten and just put it down to a bad day, but to put in such an effort to get so close only to still let it slip through your fingers? Could be much tougher to pick yourself up from that.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
This is probably the worst Aus WC side since 83 and they’re still going to make the finals. The 92 side underperformed terribly but wasn’t actually a bad side. This one is ordinary tstl. It’s an indictment on the other sides that they’re making the top four.

When they win the thing they’ll go down as the weakest Aus side to do it. Even worse than the 2015 outfit.

Gob

International Coach
This is probably the worst Aus WC side since 83 and they’re still going to make the finals. The 92 side underperformed terribly but wasn’t actually a bad side. This one is ordinary tstl. It’s an indictment on the other sides that they’re making the top four.

When they win the thing they’ll go down as the weakest Aus side to do it. Even worse than the 2015 outfit.
Are they that bad though? Warner, Head, Maxwell, Smith, Marsh, Starc, Hazlewood , Zampa all carry reputations for their limited over exploits. Don't think whatever the side that turns up to the next WC would have anywhere near the star quality of this one

Sunil1z

International Regular
They are easily better than 2011 , 2015 , 2019 imo . Warner , Head and Marsh are explosive top 3 imo .

Gob

International Coach
They are easily better than 2011 , 2015 , 2019 imo . Warner , Head and Marsh are explosive top 3 imo .
Certainly better than 2011. Not sure about 2015 as they actually won it. It was the ideal team for Aust conditions

2019 also had a decent run in the WC by beating both the finalists in group stages

Spofforth

School Boy/Girl Captain
Lol.

Psychological advantage by losing? lol

I doubt the Aussies are anywhere near as good as the other three teams in the top four, as our results against the Saffers and the Indians would indicate. Yet we still managed to beat one of them (guess who?). We seem to have a habit of not losing important matches to them. Has to happen one day though, I suppose.

Sunil1z

International Regular
Certainly better than 2011. Not sure about 2015 as they actually won it. It was the ideal team for Aust conditions

2019 also had a decent run in the WC by beating both the finalists in group stages
Even current Aus team would be favourites to win WC if it is held in Aus . They are a very good side who are slightly underperforming due to fragile middle order

Gob

International Coach
Lol.

Psychological advantage by losing? lol

I doubt the Aussies are anywhere near as good as the other three teams in the top four, as our results against the Saffers and the Indians would indicate. Yet we still managed to beat one of them (guess who?). We seem to have a habit of not losing important matches to them. Has to happen one day though, I suppose.
They have the moral victory

Jezroy

State Captain
Yeah look - just woke up to see that score. Rachin, take a bow. Unbelievable. Got so close to one of the most outrageous chases of all time.

I believe big time now. Sort out the fielding, get Boult bowling more Yorkers at the death, get Kane back, hopefully Latham gets injured 😬… be good if Milne was there for Lockie but hopefully the Camel has a few good games in him.

Surely top 4 decided now. NZ should take out SL and Pak. And if they bat first against SA they'll have a good chance too.

Semi time.

Gob

International Coach
Yeah look - just woke up to see that score. Rachin, take a bow. Unbelievable. Got so close to one of the most outrageous chases of all time.

I believe big time now. Sort out the fielding, get Boult bowling more Yorkers at the death, get Kane back, hopefully Latham gets injured 😬… be good if Milne was there for Lockie but hopefully the Camel has a few good games in him.

Surely top 4 decided now. NZ should take out SL and Pak. And if they bat first against SA they'll have a good chance too.

Semi time.

Aidan11

International Vice-Captain
Wish I could have seen the last couple of overs.

Six.off the last ball reminded me of Trevor Chapple. Can't bowl underarms now though.

Gob

International Coach

lol you can't be writing this crap with a straight face

Skyliner

International 12th Man
Latham usually gets to about 18 and then gives it away, against the good sides. Him and the earnest Young are pretty good against the minnows but are not up to scratch against the better sides, unfortunately.

Anil

Hall of Fame Member

You cannot be serious, your team just lost a close, potentially winnable game to your perennial nemesis and your take is this gives you some kind of psychological advantage over them???😳