• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official***Match #27- Australia vs New Zealand - October 28th-Dharamsala (D)

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Not sure why our Cricinfo win percentage has dropped from 17 to 11 since the chase started. Not necessarily saying we should be any higher than that, but I can't see what's happened so far to make us go backwards.
I’ve noticed this sort of thing in a few games. Can’t make sense of it

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
Watching Young's innings so far reminds me that he's a stroke-maker but an extremely orthodox one. Bowl him a bad ball and he'll hit it for four, or even six like that lovely pull shot. But bowl tight, he won't, he'll hit predictably to well-placed fielders. Tried to invent once that over but looked unnatural.

So uh hope Australia bowl badly to him then?

wellAlbidarned

International Coach
Not sure why our Cricinfo win percentage has dropped from 17 to 11 since the chase started. Not necessarily saying we should be any higher than that, but I can't see what's happened so far to make us go backwards.
I’ve noticed this sort of thing in a few games. Can’t make sense of it
Another thing is that is that there's probably separate algorithims for pre-game and live odds, and if you don't apply regularization the small sample size will make odds very volatile early in the innings for the live algorithm.

King Kane

International Debutant
Watching Young's innings so far reminds me that he's a stroke-maker but an extremely orthodox one. Bowl him a bad ball and he'll hit it for four, or even six like that lovely pull shot. But bowl tight, he won't, he'll hit predictably to well-placed fielders. Tried to invent once that over but looked unnatural.

He's no McCullum, he's less likely to improvise shots to put the bowlers off their length but he's also less likely to throw his wicket away with a dumb shot.

He's going OK so far, keeping the good balls out and punishing the bad balls.

Gnske

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend

Classic New Zealand imo, completely uninventive. This is a country after all that baselessly claims the pavlova

wellAlbidarned

International Coach
no turn for maxwell is a relief. He's really pushing them through, the comms were commenting that you needed to really slow it up to get it to rag.