• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official***Match #27- Australia vs New Zealand - October 28th-Dharamsala (D)

Spark

Global Moderator
Hmmm Marnus' orginial position was well away from the stumps before his turn, and then he happens to run in a line that totally covers the stumps. Imo that should be out

Marnus gave away his wicket after he realised his moral failing anyway
Right but the actual current regulation is that those are only given if the batsman changes the line that he's running down. So long as you run in a straight line from when you turn to when you make your crease you can do whatever you want. Under the current rules it's not out

R!TTER

State Regular
Hmmm Marnus' orginial position was well away from the stumps before his turn, and then he happens to run in a line that totally covers the stumps. Imo that should be out
It was out, should've appealed for that. Can't be covering the stumps when you run back anymore!

Spark

Global Moderator
I thought I remembered an incident where this came up and lo and behold - https://www.cricket.com.au/news/3296752/debate-rages-over-obstruction-wicket - and well...

"We're not righteous about our stance on spirit of the game, but I think every now and then you get an opportunity to stand up for the spirit of the game," he said.

"Tonight I think the Hurricanes, or George, missed an opportunity. I just get the feeling, speaking from experience, that this is an opportunity that he will in time wish he had made the other choice."
No prizes for guessing who said this.

morgieb

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Maxwell showing you can still score runs here. Granted against spin it's a slightly different story.

King Kane

International Debutant
Boult bowling too short again, not his best day today like Henry.

It's like our pace bowlers have forgotten how to bowl yorkers.

Spark

Global Moderator
Baz surely is in running for the hypocrite of the decade award.
I think it's the fact that he always takes the opportunity to have a crack at the opposition captain that gets at me. If he just said "I don't agree with it, I'd have done something else, that's all I have to say" then that'd be one thing but he always makes it ever so slightly personal.