• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Opening Match- England v New Zealand- October 5th, Ahmedabad

Moss

International Vice-Captain
I'd have preferred Mitchell and Phillips to have more overs and Neesham and Ravindra to have less. That would be my one criticism.
Yeah agree with this. Thinking about it more objectively they both bowled trash and if anything he showed too much faith. At least they’re showing the inclination to turn to Phillips these days (mainly when there are LHers at the crease) but they just seem to forget Mitchell can bowl.

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
Yeah agree with this. Thinking about it more objectively they both bowled trash and if anything he showed too much faith. At least they’re showing the inclination to turn to Phillips these days (mainly when there are LHers at the crease) but they just seem to forget Mitchell can bowl.
Nah like Ravindra they want to save Mitchell's hooping swing bowling for when it's truly needed and not against weak teams

Ali TT

International Regular
Completely missed this game yesterday and probably a good thing. Amazing win by NZ, congrats to the fans on here.

Demoralising for England but sometimes these games happen. Dunno if they can bounce back and, if honest, didn't really fancy our chances ahead of the tournament.

RMBolton

U19 Debutant
Some will doubtless hang around until their mid 30s, but the only ones you could rely on still being in the XI in four years are probably:

_
Rachin
_
_
_
Phillips
_
Santner
_
_
_
Sodhi possibly, but he may be fighting Ashok for a place by then.

The team would certainly be in the midst of a generational transition by then, in all three formats frankly. Sure, there may not be the next Kane/Boult/Southee, but there are solid players around that I'm confident can make the step up, & at least in the white ball formats NZ can still be reasonably strong.

East Bay Ray

Cricket Spectator
I still cannot figure out why the poms pick Woakes anywhere away from his mums home cooking.
Eng are a typical limited overs team these days....chock full of ordinary bats and ordinary bowlers that get picked on the basis of being all rounders.
Pointless.
All u get is a bunch of ordinary players clogging up half the team.

mackembhoy

International Regular
I still cannot figure out why the poms pick Woakes anywhere away from his mums home cooking.
Eng are a typical limited overs team these days....chock full of ordinary bats and ordinary bowlers that get picked on the basis of being all rounders.
Pointless.
All u get is a bunch of ordinary players clogging up half the team.
Because his record away from home is great in white ball cricket?

He averages in the 20s in Asia in both formats?

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Because his record away from home is great in white ball cricket?

He averages in the 20s in Asia in both formats?
He has one bad game and everyone is like WOAKES AWAY HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA ignoring the fact that it’s only his Test match record where that applies

RMBolton

U19 Debutant
If he is not a future star of international cricket, something will have gone seriously wrong. I have seen enough of him to predict that he will soon be in the national team.
Well, he made it, even if he had to move to Wellington to make it happen.