• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Pool A - New Zealand, France, Italy, Uruguay, Namibia

Who will qualify from the group?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Hard to know what would happen if they met, but Chile at least showed some signs of being able to attack against better sides in their matches so far, even when coming up blank against England. Namibia the weakest side I've seen, although I've not watched Romania this WC and I've blocked that Australian horror show out of my mind. Even as a pom it remains too traumatising to think about.

I guess you could have a play-in style tournament just before the first round, held in the host country in the same way the T20WC does. Six teams, 2 groups of 3 with top two from each making it into the WC as bottom seeds in 4 groups of 4. Matches played alongside the warm-up games.
I enjoyed Chile v Japan.

Fuller Pilch

Hall of Fame Member
Comprehensive from the ABs. No more flying under the radar. Now no injuries or cards before the 1/4s.

Can the Italians lift and upset the French though?

Tom Flint

International Regular
If someone makes a tackle and is clearly struggling with the impact after and on the floor a couple feet from the back of the ruck, should they really be penalised for being in the way?
I know the Italian prop didn't seek medical attention after so wouldn't be an issue in that decision for the 3rd try

Molehill

International Captain
Comprehensive from the ABs. No more flying under the radar. Now no injuries or cards before the 1/4s.

Can the Italians lift and upset the French though?

Erm…. No!! This is what happens if you let NZ play rugby and don’t tackle. The Irish won’t be so generous.

MW1304

Cricketer Of The Year
Wtf is up with McKenzie's face. The little smile he does when he kicks is ****ing disturbing. Just an unfortunate looking guy.

MW1304

Cricketer Of The Year
I've been watching for ten minutes and NZ turned over the ball and scored a try with every play. Brutal.

ripper868

International Coach
Uruguay have just dived on a ball that had rolled less than 1m from the ruck as it squirted out. Play on says Barnes. Clear favouritism at play and Australia should be reinstated :ph34r:.

ripper868

International Coach
From the 2 Runs Fainga'anuku has had, I don't ever want to tackle that man.

Quality from Barret letting Barnes know his half had knocked on over the line 🤣

ripper868

International Coach
I'm seeing chest contact and then the French 9 head butting the Italian shoulder, and if this was a try to win a knockout round with the team being penalised wearing a different colour jersey, I don't think that's even a penalty.

ripper868

International Coach
Pretty sure that French try should be pulled back, there was definite head contact as the scrum engaged prior to the try.