• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Opening Match- England v New Zealand- October 5th, Ahmedabad

Tom Flint

International Regular
Thing with stadiums this big that are in very hot countries is there may actually be 10000 people there, but they all sitting in the shade at the back of the stands where the cameras don't see them.
I don't mean this in a racist way btw, I mean the cameras don't actually see underneath the tier below

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
This isn't helped by the fact that the BCCI didn't release the final itinerary 2-3 months before the actual start of the WC and even then changed it a couple of times. It's caused a lot of uncertaintly, stress and financial losses for fans.

You're too kind. The itinerary was finalized only a couple of weeks ago lol. It was a complete ****show.

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
NZ look really flat out there. I don't know if it's the heat or what, but this could get ugly.
Lacklustre start to the tournament with no crowd. A bit of energy from Henry (and England's batting) but otherwise Boult flat and a handful of misfields already.

... and Latham drops a sitter.

Howsie

International Captain
Latham has always been a piss poor keeper. If his name was Tim Seifert he’d cop a lot more flack for it