• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Warm-ups Thread

mackembhoy

International Debutant
India is a very large country. In fact, almost all of the venues will NOT have rain, looking at the timing of the matches.

In October, there is no Monsoon, except the very south.

So only Chennai could have rain affected matches. But rain tends to only arrive there later in October and just 2 matches are scheduled there later in the month.

The venues for the warmups are the most extremely located hence we are still seeing the retreating rains. World cup will be far better than any world cup England has ever hosted, weather-wise.

Asia cup was in Sri Lanka in September (even further south), bears no resemblance to weather in India in October.
You've bitten at some horrendous bait there my friend.

It was very much not a serious post, I was just sad I missed out on some cricket this morning before the football got under way.

slippy888

International Captain
Not a fan of Australia agreeing to play this game on a wet out field, it could ruin there confidence if they lose this game.

mackembhoy

International Debutant
I think the reason the WC is not happening in Feb-Mar is because other nations want that season. And England held the WC before whatever their peak season was supposed to be too. I just think ICC is pretty much spineless and settle for whatever the Pig 3 give them in terms of season.

Apart from the countries that have their season in Feb-Mar, I also think BCCI wanted some gap between the WC and the IPL unlike 2011 and maybe that played a role too? Any which way, the best time to play cricket in India is Jan-Mar as its mostly gorgeous weather across the country. Think almost all states have their spring/bloom season then.
See above, was just trying to bait for the hell of it.

Molehill

International Captain
Looks like we might get a game today, Bangladesh opt to bat first against England. Starts in 10...

Also, NZ about to bat against SA, but that one not televised I don't think (not in UK anyway).

Molehill

International Captain
Ropey old start from Topley, 2 no balls and a wide. The second no ball Tanzid seemingly not knowing it was a free hit!!

Bang had 8 runs before a ball was bowled!!

mackembhoy

International Debutant
Ropey old start from Topley, 2 no balls and a wide. The second no ball Tanzid seemingly not knowing it was a free hit!!

Bang had 8 runs before a ball was bowled!!
Came back well and that's all you can ask.

I take it Wood isn't involved again today.

Molehill

International Captain
Came back well and that's all you can ask.

I take it Wood isn't involved again today.
This is Topley, he's actually picked up wickets with a couple of fairly average deliveries - the first would've been a wide if he'd left it. But he is a wicket taker and I think he's probably first choice new ball with Woakes.

Looks like Wood is on the field so may well bowl later.

I've got it on mute, I turned the sound up, heard DK and quickly turned it down again.

Marius

International Debutant
Looks like we might get a game today, Bangladesh opt to bat first against England. Starts in 10...

Also, NZ about to bat against SA, but that one not televised I don't think (not in UK anyway).
If you access to Supersport you can watch SA v NZ there.

Molehill

International Captain
Wood just bowled a superb first over, way too good for Mehidy. Beat him twice and then got the edge which both Buttler and first slip decided not to bother with. On replays, it was clearly Buttler's catch but it went very quick. Good signs.

mackembhoy

International Debutant
Young trapped by an in-ducker. Was a long way from it too...
I take it the reason Williamson isn't playing on Thursday is cos he can't field at all?

As clearly in decent enough nick with the bat.(as he retires hurt, so I've clearly jinxed him)

TheBrand

First Class Debutant
I take it the reason Williamson isn't playing on Thursday is cos he can't field at all?

As clearly in decent enough nick with the bat.(as he retires hurt, so I've clearly jinxed him)
I read that he will field today to see how his knee handles it - so I assume he'll be back for either Bangladesh/Afghanistan in Chennai.