• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Best Pace Trio Going into the World Cup

Best Pace Trio

• Shaheen-Naseem-Rauf

• Cummins-Starc-Hazlewood

• Jansen-Rabada-Nortje

• Shami-Bumrah-Siraj

Results are only viewable after voting.

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Not as good as the last WC imo.

Archer, Wood, Plunkett, Ferguson and others I’m probably forgetting were all pretty good. Pakistan aside everyone’s a step down in terms of form and options.

mackembhoy

International Debutant
I really hope to bump this thread for the absentees.

I feel Wood, Woakes and Atkinson could be a very good attack at this World Cup.

But I'm voting for Pakistan all the same from my options.

trundler

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Think NZ's is better than Australia's imo. The Aussies flatter to deceive aside from Starc. The other 2 don't have enough variety and are poor at the death as a result. SA and Pak have it all at the moment. The Indian attack hasn't played together yet, has it? They picked Thakur (lol) over Shami against Pakistan.

Archer6K

U19 12th Man
Think NZ's is better than Australia's imo. The Aussies flatter to deceive aside from Starc. The other 2 don't have enough variety and are poor at the death as a result. SA and Pak have it all at the moment. The Indian attack hasn't played together yet, has it? They picked Thakur (lol) over Shami against Pakistan.
Hazlewood is one of the best fast bowlers in the world

FBU

International Debutant
Boult, Henry, Ferguson is better (Milne would've been better than Ferguson but not picked as too injury prone).
Watching Southee go at 9 an over last match I would probably agree but in India he will be fine.

Starc in India (7) 11 wickets at 38.18 econ 6.40
Southee (16) 25 wickets at 29.68 econ 5.42

HouHsiaoHsien

International Debutant
Out of the options given, I’d say Ind, given conditions and current form. Bumrah is probably a better ODI bowler than anyone in the above pool bar Starc(and Starc has a poor record in Ind, albeit one which he can rectify as he showed in the last Aus-Ind series). Siraj is currently and has been for the past year, the best ODI bowler in the world. I’d take his ODI record over Shaheen, Naseem and Rauf. Shami is pretty good too. But I don’t think Ind will play all of these three. Overall Bowling attack wise, I’d say Ind easily, since they have got one of the best ODI spinners in the world in great form, and even Hardik is bowling great.

Molehill

International Captain
I wouldn't swap the Indian trio for any others. The one concern is that I'm not sure what happens if they get a couple of injuries. England may not have an all out Top 3, but they have 6 decent interchangeable players (most of whom bat as well).