• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* New Zealand tour of UAE and England 2023

Nintendo

Cricketer Of The Year
So NZ's second XI loses to UAE and India's second XI is worse than WI. People really do overestimate depth and replacement players.
Ehh, t20 is a variable format, even good teams rarely maintain a 60% + W/L. Ireland where the only team to beat England last t20 WC and Afghanistan where the only team to beat the windies when they won in 2016.

trundler

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Ehh, t20 is a variable format, even good teams rarely maintain a 60% + W/L. Ireland where the only team to beat England last t20 WC and Afghanistan where the only team to beat the windies when they won in 2016.
India lost a 5 match series to WI tho. And 2 of the 3 losses were pretty comprehensive. IPL stars getting rekt by WI is a big reality check.

Nintendo

Cricketer Of The Year
India lost a 5 match series to WI tho. And 2 of the 3 losses were pretty comprehensive. IPL stars getting rekt by WI is a big reality check.
The windies aren't that bad of a t20 team ATM, though. They beat a nearly full SA side before this. The side that didn't make the t20 WC in AUS was missing some key players through injury/WICB bull****, and guys like shepherd, mayers, King and hosein have had 12-18 months on the franchise circuit/T20I experience since that loss and have developed into much better players.

Edit: FYI, I don't disagree with your general point, the depth of India inparticular isn't as great as hardik made it seem in the media 12 months ago.

England have been the best team across the last 2 t20 WC's and only missed the 2020 final cause of the conditions, despite being hampered by a ton of critical injuries in both campaigns. There definitely the best team in terms of white ball depth atm.

G. S. Kohli

International Vice-Captain
5:34pm UAE have won the toss and they have elected to field first in Decider

Foxcroft & Aditya Ashok in playing XL

Kenneth Viljoen

International Debutant
What is the point of chad bowes? Atleast allen scores quickly to make up for a lacklustre average. He's the fourth choice t20 opener RN, so don't think it's worth losing sleep over.
He's a saffa. That counts for a lot when it comes to NZ selection .

G. S. Kohli

International Vice-Captain
Eng vs NZ 4 t20i & 4 ODI

4 teams of 2 country below

Aug 30, Wed
England vs New Zealand
1st T20I at Riverside Ground, Chester-le-Street
22:30 IST / 17:00 GMT

Sep 01, Fri
England vs New Zealand
2nd T20I at Emirates Old Trafford, Manchester

Sep 03, Sun
England vs New Zealand
3rd T20I at Edgbaston, Birmingham
19:00 IST / 13:30 GMT

Sep 05, Tue
England vs New Zealand
4th T20I at Trent Bridge, Nottingham

Sep 08, Fri
England vs New Zealand
1st ODI at Sophia Gardens, Cardiff
17:00 IST / 11:30 GMT

Sep 10, Sun
England vs New Zealand
2nd ODI at The Rose Bowl, Southampton
15:30 IST / 10:00 GMT

Sep 13, Wed
England vs New Zealand
3rd ODI at Kennington Oval, London

Sep 15, Fri
England vs New Zealand
4th ODI at Lord's, London

Nz T20I team vs Eng (T20I)

New Zealand's T20I squad for England:Tim Southee (C), Finn Allen, Mark Chapman, Devon Conway, Lockie Ferguson, Matt Henry, Kyle Jamieson, Adam Milne, Daryl Mitchell, Jimmy Neesham, Glenn Phillips, Rachin Ravindra, Mitchell Santner, Tim Seifert, Ish Sodhi

Nz ODI team vs England
Squad: Tom Latham (Capt), Finn Allen, Trent Boult, Devon Conway, Lockie Ferguson, Matt Henry, Kyle Jamieson, Adam Milne, Daryl Mitchell, Henry Nicholls, Glenn Phillips, Rachin Ravindra, Mitchell Santner, Tim Southee, Will Young

England T20 Team :

England squad for New Zealand series: Jos Buttler (captain), Moeen Ali, Gus Atkinson, Jonny Bairstow, Sam Curran, Liam Livingstone, Dawid Malan, Adil Rashid, Joe Root, Jason Roy, Ben Stokes, Reece Topley, David Willey, Mark Wood, Chris Woakes.

Eng ODI team

England ODI squad: Jos Buttler (c), Moeen Ali, Gus Atkinson, Jonny Bairstow, Sam Curran, Liam Livingstone, Dawid Malan, Adil Rashid, Joe Root, Jason Roy, Ben Stokes, Reece Topley, David Willey, Mark Wood, Chris Woakes