• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Fifth Test (The Oval, London) 27-31 July

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
How terrible is that rugby World Cup ad with Eddie Jones at the fella’s front door? Would deadset put the ****ing hose on him.

shortpitched713

International Captain
There's going to be a result in this match, and for me it's Australia getting a win.

As long as there's enough time, only thing stopping it is some gormless dillydallying in the pitch from England, and gormless grounds staff collusion to slow down the restart.

Australia should not be content with a draw. Their batting suffers massively when they take on a defensive approach, and they'll deserve whatever comes to them if they try to take that way.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Unless there's more rain/the light draws in, then I don't think Oz have to bat anything other than normally to get the runs. No reason to play for the draw. If they needed 6/over, yeah fair enough, because they're cowards.

G. S. Kohli

International Vice-Captain
3 hour session coming up after tea!

Australia most unlikely to win in next 2 hours because rain God will be back at 6 pm London time, than Light will be the issue

I guess aus will win Ashes by 2/1 & not 3/1 or Eng not able to take next 7 wickets in 120 or 135 minutes, No way eng can square series

G. S. Kohli

International Vice-Captain
Unless there's more rain/the light draws in, then I don't think Oz have to bat anything other than normally to get the runs. No reason to play for the draw. If they needed 6/over, yeah fair enough, because they're cowards.
Coward or not is not the point, Aus should settle for the draw than go for kill, they will win anyway if test ends in Draw

Yeoman

U19 Captain
More than ever, being at the Oval for a test match has the feel of being inside an enormous cash machine, what with the number of sponsorships and advertisements and the huge sums being spent on food and drink.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
3 hour session coming up after tea!

Australia most unlikely to win in next 2 hours because rain God will be back at 6 pm London time, than Light will be the issue

I guess aus will win Ashes by 2/1 & not 3/1 or Eng not able to take next 7 wickets in 120 or 135 minutes, No way eng can square series
I have little doubt the ground staff will have unfortunately brought out the covers which have holes in them at either end of the deck on a decent length. There’s no low to which these grubs won’t stoop.

slippy888

International Captain
This is the most ill tempered ashes series in my memory, Australia must go for the 3-1 win to prove they are superior to England.