• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Fifth Test (The Oval, London) 27-31 July

KungFu_Kallis

International 12th Man
What a dramatic session. The Woakes spell blew the game open, but then a very handy partnership between these two.

146 runs needed, 7 wickets in hand is absurdly well placed for a match. Second (third?) new ball will decide the game I think.
Long live Test cricket

slowfinger

International Debutant
i mean one more big partnership and this game could be gone by tea. Moeen is gpnna have to be the man to win the game it feels until the new ball arrives

Silver Silva

International Regular
I still don’t get it wasn’t it in some group game he dropped it
Never let the truth get in the way of a good story basically sums up the 1999 Cricket WC ..Whose to say that SA would have beaten whoever else they would have faced in the semi final after that dropped catch , and then the final itself ..

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I reckon Brooks didn't see Smith glove it, and thought Stokes threw it away cause Stokes felt Smith didn't hit, so Brooks, thinking the same thing, followed Stokes' body language and didn't try to catch it

But man if Brooks felt Smith gloved and desperately dove and caught...that would have been amazing

quincywagstaff

International Debutant
Big reason England are behind in this game is they picked Anderson over Tongue.

Anderson's spell was largely dire and even he would admit the conditions weren't Kryptonite.

morgieb

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Waugh never actually said "you've dropped the World Cup" but it's become ensconced in popular memory.
He did say "you've cost your team the match" which is where it might've come from.

It's a shame that and his sledge to Jamie Siddons (or was it Cox?) apparently never happened.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Didn't the whole 'you've just dropped' originate with 'you've just dropped The Ashes mate', I think to Graeme Thorpe, in 1997?

woodleigh

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
Stokes reviewing a wicket when he knew it wasn’t a wicket is not really in the spirit of cricket, neither is Bairstow dancing around behind the stumps for that matter.

Victor Ian

International Coach
Seriously, though, why even throw after a catch? I always thought that was a stupid and dangerous action. That it causes some people to end up with dropped catches but the habit persists is laughable.

Spark

Global Moderator
Seriously, though, why even throw after a catch? I always thought that was a stupid and dangerous action. That it causes some people to end up with dropped catches but the habit persists is laughable.
Spur of the moment thing isn't it? Not something you do with a lot of conscious thought.