• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Fifth Test (The Oval, London) 27-31 July

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
I'm a huge fan too.

I've concluded during this series that it's the Duke rather than English conditions that make him so much better at home. I think he's just mastered all the tricks with it - inswing, outswing, wobble seam - and the skill doesn't translate to a Kookaburra. It's been a decent summer for batting and he's still taking a pile of wickets at <20.
Gun one day and T20 bowler though

Carlos

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
Anderson looks like a geriatric in the field. Really hope the selectors put him to bed after this series .Old man playing a young mans game

RossTaylorsBox

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I know Australian’s find Marnus’ “NO RAAAAHN!” calls to be hilarious but I find it to be one of the most obnoxious things I’ve ever heard, right up there with the noises my old flat mate used to make whilst eating with their mouth open. Not looking forward to hearing it for hours on end when Australia tour here next summer.
Misread this and assumed your flatmate was constantly informing you that he doesn't have diarrhea.

social

I know Australian’s find Marnus’ “NO RAAAAHN!” calls to be hilarious but I find it to be one of the most obnoxious things I’ve ever heard, right up there with the noises my old flat mate used to make whilst eating with their mouth open. Not looking forward to hearing it for hours on end when Australia tour here next summer.
Marnus is hardly loved in Australia

Gnske

Misread this and assumed your flatmate was constantly informing you that he doesn't have diarrhea.
It'd be a courteous move.

I've recently discovered the thrill of ****ting once a day as opposed to once a week. It's actually pretty good

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I've never seen a ball replaced and not have the replacement be very similar to the one they're changing. I'm not sure what happened.
I would assume the batsmen need to approve the ball, so Warner and Khawaja should maybe take some of the blame for allowing it. But that could be wrong, in which case just more of the blatant English cheating, and spineless incompetent umpiring, that we have gotten used to this series

Gnske

I mean when you compare the rough side to the shined side it's going to look worse. Glad we have the #whingingAussie narrative set for when they lose.
Actually agree with this haha. No pun intended, but it's a bit cherry picked and misleading those two images. Athers pointed it out a few overs ago but also conceded that it's pretty clear its of worse quality overall.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
I would assume the batsmen need to approve the ball, so Warner and Khawaja should maybe take some of the blame for allowing it. But that could be wrong, in which case just more of the blatant English cheating, and spineless incompetent umpiring, that we have gotten used to this series
Nah I think the umpires just pick a ball from the box without actually consulting either team once it the existing ball is deemed to be ****ed.

Gnske

Surely not, it's the between the bowlers and / or down to the umpires isn't it?

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Actually agree with this haha. No pun intended, but it's a bit cherry picked and misleading those two images. Athers pointed it out a few overs ago but also conceded that it's pretty clear its of worse quality overall.
Yes and no. Image was an exaggeration, but it was still a clearly newer
ball